SAU Community

The Offical Australian Launch For The R35 Will Be...

Snowman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brookvale is closer to Mosman :)

I understand why they selling the gtr at brookvale, but I dont understand the logic behind the Campbelltown one. I'm not having a go at the south west or anything but I don't think many of the gtr sales will come from people living in or around campbelltown..... I recon they should have done Brookvale nissan and Parra Nissan (central for most of the west) or a Nissan like one in the sutherland shire or hornsby nissan,,,,

On the road for $170k is, as we always knew it would be, a great deal (comparing apples with apples here) when you consider a tiptronic Porsche 997 Turbo is $342,400 at list price.

What I wanna know though is, what's the situation now with regards to second-hand cars coming in under SEVs with Nissan Au planning to sell them new by March/April '09?

I understand why they selling the gtr at brookvale, but I dont understand the logic behind the Campbelltown one. I'm not having a go at the south west or anything but I don't think many of the gtr sales will come from people living in or around campbelltown..... I recon they should have done Brookvale nissan and Parra Nissan (central for most of the west) or a Nissan like one in the sutherland shire or hornsby nissan,,,,

But remember- there are only 2 places in the whole of NSW to get your R35 factory serviced, and both of them are in the Sydney metro area!. So the Campbelltown location makes a whole lot more sense for owners living in Canberra (and to a lesser extent, Wollongong/the South Coast).

What I wanna know though is, what's the situation now with regards to second-hand cars coming in under SEVs with Nissan Au planning to sell them new by March/April '09?

Will not happen as Nissan will beat the 18 month cut off.

The grey models will always be worth less as they will not have the local dealer support or local features.

Even 15 years later a Oz spec R32 is still worth much more than the grey ones. I think most of the gray ones will be track cars most of their lives anyway as there are plenty of Targas for them to conquer.

I have heard that dealers will not be allowed to sell anything or service grey import GTRs. Nissan Oz really hate themi t is a pity, they could make more money by embracing their grey brothers, as they will make more money and sell more cars.

The grey models will always be worth less as they will not have the local dealer support or local features.

this is true- but there isn't exactly going to be a glut of grey import cars people had imported new under SEVs in the future.

Even 15 years later a Oz spec R32 is still worth much more than the grey ones.

ahh, people ASK more for them- but i'd like to see someone sell a stock aus-delivered 32 GT-R for mid $20k these days

there's gunna be such an awesome collection of aftermarket parts available for these after not too long, being a global model and all. in the mean time, i'll keep hustling and saving...

meh nothing new. nissan stealerships wouldn't sell parts for grey import 32/33/34 for years too. look at them all falling over themselves to stock parts now. hell SAU NSW even has trade accounts at a couple of NSW nissan dealers. and its not like its hard to find a vin# to provide with any order.

re the black box...they can show you what their technicians did, therefore they can also decline warranty claims if they don't like how you drove it. Don't think it won't happen, plenty of brands already decline warranty claims including BMW when the "R"ace mode is turned on more than a couple of times. To me the Nissan warranty is no more reliable than the grey import warranty. And there is no way a week's trainining for a bored pulsar mechanic will provide a higher level of expertise than existing import skyline workshops who have been dealing with similar cars for years.

So...how does the on road cost of the nissan cars compare to the imports. all the talk is over now where are the hard figures?

BTW I bought my last sports nissan from campbelltown nissan their sales were very professional compared to the other 3 sydney metro dealers we spoke to. Maybe treating customers right worked for them....

So...how does the on road cost of the nissan cars compare to the imports. all the talk is over now where are the hard figures?

pretty competitive now that the AUD has taken a beating this last month.

I have to say I think nissan's pricing is pretty good, so well done. :D they will sell plenty surely at this price.

It may sound strange coming from me considering I have been responsible for the importing now of a few of them but I'm glad they are bringing them in (though I still wish we could import second hand ones under SEVS) and pricing them fairly. My only complaint is that they are so far behind the rest of the world time wise. They will have been on sale for nearly a year and a half by the time the first aussie customer is driving one which is a bit rough. I still hope to bring in one or two more before the end of the year but it looks like that will be the end of it. game, set, match to nissan! you win this round you handsome devils. :P

So why is it only US$76000 in the states (After the new price rise) which equals roughly AU$97000?? Boxter or GTR???? I would go the GTR LOL

You can also ask how come a Pontiac G8 sells in the states for US$29,300 and yet the Commodore SS which it is based on sells here for AUD$53,900 and yet Holden are protected against import traffis that Nissan aren't.

There is no point in comparing what we pay against what the US pay for cars. You really can only compare what we pay for cars here against other cars here.

So the question should be is the R35 worth say the same as an M3 or RS4 because that's the market its against. (Check out M3 prices in that US as well).

You can also ask is this car worth twice as much as the new EXO X MR SST?

I dunno personally yet but I hope to drive one soon and find out the answer.

Wow.. thats a fair few extras!

Has almost everthing and the ext warranty for everything as well, i think it was just under 50k for the after sales service and the warranty's.

From the Dealer Principle that my order is with here in Perth.

I am #5 on the list, and my sled will be ready in Sept '09

Mike

The one im talking about is #2 (includer the dealers) on the list. Will be good to see two out on the track.

just got an email from Nissan this morning making it official that the car is coming to Australia. The new website is

http://www.nissangtr-au.com/en/web_GTR/GT-R/show.html

But aren't the cars that are coming to australia, the jap spec ones anyway. and the audio system will not be converted till mid to late 2010? either way, for me personally i still love the 34, however the 35 is one amazing machine. BTW has anyone seen the one for sale here on the sunshine coast? it's going for $170,000, with less than 2k on the clock