SAU Community

The Offical Australian Launch For The R35 Will Be...

Snowman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the real cost is

Please call me to confirm it is OK to process deposit.

Car price is $179,400.00 drive away for premium model in non metallic.

RRP is 152,800.00 plus Dealer Delivery, LCT, Rego, & Stamp Duty.

Delivery will be post May 09 but not specific.

Total deposit required is $20,000 although to be made up of $5k C/card, balance by cheque to limit merchant expense.

Only 200 units for Australia in 09. Will need contract signing at the dealership.

Also included is the GT-R Customer Agreement Letter required prior to order placement, build commences Feb/Mar next year.

Also no warranty if used on a race track

No sat nav till 2010 approx $5000-10000 who knows what they will charge

I can buy 2 for that price

Interesting. I've now heard 5 different drive away prices from 5 different dealers ranging in upto $15K. Not sure how much of those differences is state based tax reasons but it might be worth shopping around....

Hmmm funny,

How each state is coming up with little clauses and costs...

I know the second dealer here in Perth is charging a Premimum on Dealer Delivery on the GTR.

As he is entitled to do, according to Nissan sources.

Well I have to say that I drove one of these things yesterday (Thanks Jeff) and even with the $150K price tag it leaves everything else in it's competition behind in my opinion. It really was such a quality car to drive - much nicer IMO than the new E92 M3 or RS4. The only thing I've driven that comes close is the Audi R8 which has a $288K tag and yet still isn't as usable as this thing.

When I told my wife the drive away price, she said "You can go and buy one if you sell your race R32 and promise to never go on the track again".

These cars are good, but that is too big a price to pay! :merli:

This is awesome news. It will be good to finally see the R35 on the streets of Sydney.

I can imagine alot of us giving the drivers a nod at the lights. And there will be the few idiots who will actually think their 200kw GTSt will beat it to the other side of the intersection. Jeez even a 350kw odd 32GTR will have trouble.

But there is one thing that shits me, the 35GTR is now an option for people who would normally go for a 3 series BMW or a Merc of similar spec.

A good percentage of these people wouldnt know a Nissan skyline if it bit them on the arse. And if they do buy one, purely for the reason it has comfy seats, nice sound system or to tell their mates "check this out it has flappy paddle gear thingys" they will not actually know that they now own one of the most perfect supercars in the world today.

And if i see one on the road that is absolutely filthy,has shopping trolley scratches or they clean the car without cleaning the wheels....

@#*(!#$$&^)_%##$$%&%&&!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news. It will be good to finally see the R35 on the streets of Sydney.

I can imagine alot of us giving the drivers a nod at the lights. And there will be the few idiots who will actually think their 200kw GTSt will beat it to the other side of the intersection. Jeez even a 350kw odd 32GTR will have trouble.

But there is one thing that shits me, the 35GTR is now an option for people who would normally go for a 3 series BMW or a Merc of similar spec.

A good percentage of these people wouldnt know a Nissan skyline if it bit them on the arse. And if they do buy one, purely for the reason it has comfy seats, nice sound system or to tell their mates "check this out it has flappy paddle gear thingys" they will not actually know that they now own one of the most perfect supercars in the world today.

And if i see one on the road that is absolutely filthy,has shopping trolley scratches or they clean the car without cleaning the wheels....

That's the same with most supercars. Many, if not most, purpose built sports cars are never used as intended. They are rolling status symbols. Come to think of it i dont think many of those types would be seen dead in a Nissan anyway.

hahaha exactly what i was going to reply until i scrolled down to your post Duncan.

You blokes are clearly not married, a divorce would cost a hell of a lot more than my R32 and an R35 put together!!!! :):D

i dont get it ..you have to be an afficionado to buy the car? you have to know the full history of nissan and the GTR? shouldnt the pre-requisite be that you just have to have the 170K or whatever? i dont get this whole attitude that the more of them u see the less cool they become - or you wont like it because an older man drives it...

its a great car - if there are more of them it just means more parts are available and there is more aftermarket support..

mass production is a good thing..