SAU Community

Free Beer!

nada

Ok guys my car has this problem wer out of no where shell just die.. too the point ive pretty much tried everything.. im pretty much stumped now..

Seriously ANY help or advice stories etc would be great help.. please add dont be shy!

heres the thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ca...es-t233229.html

If you know the problem or think you can fix it give me a pm, i live in the western suburbs, like i said "free beer" to my saviour :D

Im currently in TAFE and doing a heavy diesal fitter/turner course, so i can machine you pretty much anything if need be, bolts, screws, i can do metric, bsw.. tappered and all.

hope this problem gets fixed soon, starting to make me unhappy :cool:

Thanks guys for the support.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i can come to you and we can swap things on my car and see what the problem is like afm i also have a spare ECU we could try as well

by the way i dont drink lol

Edited by Bunny33

Yeh that sounds awsome, its unfortunate you dont drink :cool: but we could always arrange something!

pm me a number so i can contact you on. hope too see you soon, :D

BTW guys keep the support coming!

i can come to you and we can swap things on my car and see what the problem is like afm i also have a spare ECU we could try as well

by the way i dont drink lol

I thought u drank Dior bunny? :cool:

-D

As posted in the original thread -

Do you have an SAFC ot other piggy back device?

I had a similar problem that turned out to be a problem with the wiring at the ECU plug. (possibly caused when they put in the SAFC)

It was easy to diagnose the loose ECU conection, just remove the pasengers kick plate, start the car and then wriggle/pull on the plug and individual wires near the ECU. (you dont need to be rough, the bad connection faults under driving vibration so no real force needed). If the car splutters or cuts out you have confirmed the problem, then just repeat until you find the correct wire (you can also pull the plug off and spray the whole lot with electrical cleaner and reconnect after it dries out)

Hope this helps.

PS Coopers Draught LOL

just checking that you gapped your plugs down? should be around the .7mm

also when did it start? i would try a) another stock afm and b) check that the coil pack loom is clipped in properly and that none of the spades in each plug arent bent also use some contact cleaner on the plugs and coil pack

Edited by shy_s6

I had a similar problem that turned out to be a problem with the wiring at the ECU plug. (possibly caused when they put in the SAFC)

It was easy to diagnose the loose ECU conection, just remove the pasengers kick plate, start the car and then wriggle/pull on the plug and individual wires near the ECU. (you dont need to be rough, the bad connection faults under driving vibration so no real force needed). If the car splutters or cuts out you have confirmed the problem, then just repeat until you find the correct wire (you can also pull the plug off and spray the whole lot with electrical cleaner and reconnect after it dries out)

Hope this helps.

PS Coopers Draught LOL

Im pretty sure my ecu is stock and i dont have any piggyback devices, but ill give it a go now and see if it works.

ah hell im out of draught would you settle for teds?

just checking that you gapped your plugs down? should be around the .7mm

also when did it start? i would try a) another stock afm and b) check that the coil pack loom is clipped in properly and that none of the spades in each plug arent bent also use some contact cleaner on the plugs and coil pack

It probably started about 2 months ago its an intermittent problem.. and when i changed my sarks i checked and done all of b)

With the afm the only thing ive tried was re-soldering my joints even though they wer good and also trying someone elses afm who was trying to sell me, but it was a dodge lol, no offense to that person. however i learnt that my afm is still doing its job, and also i dont think its the stock afm i think its a Z32, having said that it could still very well be the problem.

ill get round to trying a stock afm when i can source it out, and judging from bunny itll be soon! :cool:

Edited by nada

Yeah the afm was my issue with my car when i had the exact same prob, its also probably not a z32 that you have cause the problem would have started from day 1 and you also need a different plug to use one too. Also if you want to try a diff ecu i have a pfc you can try to see if that helps

Edited by /2on

AFM is the common problem but in my experience it didnt solve my problem.

id def try swapping in a another stk ECU and see how you go. i think it solved mine but my rear turbo just blew so i havent really had a chance to "test" it out properly yet :P

AFM is the common problem but in my experience it didnt solve my problem.

id def try swapping in a another stk ECU and see how you go. i think it solved mine but my rear turbo just blew so i havent really had a chance to "test" it out properly yet :P

jeez joel how did that happen? nice to know the ecu at least worked for u

-D

Lol its a funny story......

i was driving home from the mechanic (oil/oil filter and plugs changed), i was making incredible time to get back to my mates house for the Grand Final (f**king mooney what a disgrace). i was turning onto Pt wakefield Rd and then..... *BANG*..... eh???? wtf was that??

next thing i know Boost was nil stock lol... thought it was a cooler pipe or something but nay lol

dont mean to high jack lol

WOW, sorry guys for the LATE reply.. un fkn believable... i lost my licence... DUI.. yeh was a friends 22nd, and yeh thought id take him for a bday spin and what do you know a breatho station... couldnt chuck a u bolt :O FFS!!! arghh tested 0.036 so i was sober, but since im on my p's my licence got taken away.

First the car problem now this.. gives me a good excuse to sell her now :) might have to be a traitor and go back to crotch rockets im sick of being stuck in a cage all the time lol (no offense guys) :)

Sigh, ok well i got the new irdium sparks i orded in from USA finally!

so i took my rocker cover off and stuff, and inspected the old sparks... they wer pretty buggered lol..

post-54593-1223471539_thumb.jpg

post-54593-1223471568_thumb.jpg

post-54593-1223471515_thumb.jpg

post-54593-1223471599_thumb.jpg

i got the iridiums sparkies in, orded it online awsome price like 6 bucks each! anyway i changed over my plugs and araldited my coils with abit of elect heat tape over it. Sorry the pictures are abit blury, i was doing this at night! was that excited lol with high hopes my problem was gonna dissapear! this was the link for the coils tip i tried: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mi...500-t32356.html

Put everything back together and reseted the ECU.. TOOK her for a spin.. BOYYY WAS SHE WONDERFULL!! was insane! lol i felt my car come back to life... was the best feeling lol, felt like a brand new car.. for 8 minutes... then she died on me :) hey least my noisy lifters went away lol!

but yeh so ive canceled out the sparks and coils... unless ive done somthing wrong :S

sigh now im stumped iono what to do.. needa find a good mechanic i trust.. and charges fair.

ill get back to you guys asap..

Had similar issue... turned out to be the ignition module for mine. Approx $250 to replace.

Could you give me some more details, eg where you bought it frome etc..

cheers nada :O

Hope this helps.

PS Coopers Draught LOL

LOL! ahah nah i dont have a piggy back or safc, well not that i know of... ill rip of the kick panel and check it out when im free, exactlywhat am i looking for? lol

And for the afms suggestion.. im getting round to it.. remeber i cant drive :S

Lol its a funny story......

i was driving home from the mechanic (oil/oil filter and plugs changed), i was making incredible time to get back to my mates house for the Grand Final (f**king mooney what a disgrace). i was turning onto Pt wakefield Rd and then..... *BANG*..... eh???? wtf was that??

next thing i know Boost was nil stock lol... thought it was a cooler pipe or something but nay lol

dont mean to high jack lol

LOL! ahah nice story so was it your turbo? LOL nah need to be sorry mate, it helps ey.. the more possibilities the better lol.. but yeh im pretty sure i didn blow my turbo ahah!