SAU Community

Gtr Price Confirmed By Nissan Australia

R34NOS

yep, if you can lock in a price do it. I do not know what nissnan australias policy is the hedging their forex but they may well have hedged enough currencey as of the price announcement to cover their first years allocation, or they may have a financing deal with nissan japan that does not require them to pay for the cars under certain forex conditions etc. but if not they will have just added nearly 30% of the cost to these cars from this time a month ago purely with the downfall of the AUD. so that either they re-price it up. or they take less profit. or they had already priced enough fat in there to cover things like this. anyway, regardless of that if you are buying one from nissan, try and lock in a price and pay your deposit!

Richard , you will find all companies that import hedge ( regardless of what they import ) so they have stable pricing. Did you see any jap cars go down in price when the AUD hit over 100 JPY? You won't see any increase in pricing now either unless the AUD stays low for a long time . They price their products in what they think they can sell them for and according to their competitors pricing.

With the volatility of the financial markets around the world (Nissan or anyone else with high priced cars for that matter) will NOT be selling many high priced cars .

I was considering buying one myself until the world settles down I wouldn't think of spending $150k + for car as I already soent $100k on a car and $80 k on a boat!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard,

In paperwork sighted last night,

There is a clause in there that RRP my rise due to FOREX costs etc

So there is no deadset set price.....

thanks for confirming. I guessed they might be as it's the only smart way for them to trade in a car that they buy OS. very bad news if the rate stays as is. I'm sure they had priced in some 'wiggle room' 10% up or down of what it was when the announced the price, but no way would they have anticipated 40%...

Decided to tell North Side Nissan to Jam it.

Looks like Sydney and Melboourne have the best prices, and having spoken to Snowy yesterday he agrees!

The other option is to wait for a Yen / AUD bounce back * Tumble Weeds* and Grey Import one!

This is definitely not the time to purchase an expensive sportscar new. Buy something 2nd hand that is already heavily depreciated. In today's financial climate (and things are going to get alot worse before they get better) there are definitely bargains to be had. I'd rather take a used Ferrari 360. They must soon be going below $200,000, especially if new 430's are taking a one-third haircut when virtually new (see attached article that appeared today, 13 Oct 2008).

Ferrari_firesale_in_Oz156.pdf

Drive.com

Nissan Australia reveals pricing and specifications for the next-generation 'Godzilla' - the new GT-R supercar that goes on sale locally in April 2009. By JEZ SPINKS.

The 'official' Nissan GT-R will go on sale in Australia in April 2009, priced from $148,800.

Drive last week tested an imported 'grey' version of the new-generation supercar in an exclusive Australian comparison with the rival Porsche 911 Turbo, but the Japanese car maker has today announced pricing and specifications for the models it will officially launch early next year.

Nissan will offer two versions of its new flagship model, which buyers can order from October 9th – the first day of the 2008 Sydney motor show. An 'entry-level' $148,800 model is joined by a Premium variant costing $152,800.

Standard features for the Australian-spec GT-R include heated, electrically adjustable front seats, leather steering wheel, keyless entry, electronically adjustable suspension, 20-inch alloy wheels wrapped in (nitrogen-filled) Dunlop SP Sport rubber, and six airbags.

The GT-R Premium replaces the Dunlops with Bridgestone Potenza run-flat tyres and adds an 11-speaker Bose audio with 30GB hard drive as well as black leather front sports seats.

Only 11 Nissan dealerships nationwide will sell the GT-R, each selected by the company to become a Nissan High Performance Centre. Nissan Australia expects to sell 200 GT-Rs in 2009, but admits that it is supply constrained because of global demand for the new supercar.

Queensland has the most High Performance Centres with three (Moorooka, Southport, Mackay), with two each for NSW (Campbelltown, Brookvale), Victoria (Ferntree Gully, Werribee), and Western Australia (Melville, Wangara). South Australia (Nailsworth) and Tasmania (Hobart) feature one each.

Nissan Australia boss Dan Thompson says the company will only look after GT-Rs purchased officially from these High Performance Centres.

"All along we've been encouraging our potential GT-R customers to register interest with us or an accredited Nissan dealer," says Thompson. "Our policy remains the same that we will not be supporting grey imports with either warranty or servicing. These cars remain outside our scope and therefore outside our legal scope or customer responsibility.

"Purchases from our High Performance Centres will receive top-notch factory support, genuine parts, and a customer experience that's unparalleled."

Thompson describes opening the local books on the new GT-R as "an exciting moment for Nissan Australia ", one that will kickstart an exciting future for the brand.

"The GT-R returns after a very long time out of the market - 16 years, in fact," says Thompson. "Remember, Nissan Motor Australia [as the company was known back then] was the only subsidiary within the Nissan Group that sold the GT-R outside of Japan.

"So we definitely play an important role in the GT-R legacy within the company.

"The GT-R is another exciting step in our exciting future. We have 16 new models scheduled to launch over the next four years in Australia. Later in 2009, for example, we'll have the next-generation Z, which was basically the icon of our revival many years ago."

Nissan Australia says the company has no plans to import a more powerful, race-specification GT-R that's expected to carry the V-spec badge.

So when does nissan australia get access to full volume?

170K for an R35 which is no quicker than a mildly modded R32, R33 and R34 seems to me to be pretty heavy. Still bloody good value t 170K when compared to a Porsche or the meagre performance on a M3 V8 for similar bucks.

You'd probably be better buying an EVO10 and throwing 30K at it.

but what if you're the type who'd rather not be seen driving a tarted-up version of a common-as-muck 4 door shopping trolley powered by a, coarse, tuneless 'four banger'???

170K for an R35 which is no quicker than a mildly modded R32, R33 and R34 seems to me to be pretty heavy. Still bloody good value t 170K when compared to a Porsche or the meagre performance on a M3 V8 for similar bucks.

If your reasons for buying were soley based upon performance then yeah sure. But having driven both the R35 and the EVO X I can tell you the GT-R is so much more car than what the EVO is in every respect - not just performance. It's a little bit like comparing a commodore to an M5. Yep with some $$$ you could make the commo as fast but it still won't ever be an M5.

"The GT-R returns after a very long time out of the market - 16 years, in fact," says Thompson. "Remember, Nissan Motor Australia [as the company was known back then] was the only subsidiary within the Nissan Group that sold the GT-R outside of Japan.

wow way to re-write history!

Unless I am mistaken 32, 33 and 34 GTRs are freely available to purchase in Oz, its just that Nissan Motor Australia weren't able to sell them. The "grey" importers proved it was possible to make good money with the product.

And I like the second bit too. I guess they forgot nissan UK imported 33 GTR there for years.

The deliberate lies of Nissan Oz sales people are really annoying me. They were spouting the same rubbish at the Sydney Motor show.

The only reason these cars haven't been available through Nissan is that they chose not to bring them in. End of story.

I love the cock blah blah blah

Alot can change between now and april 2009 but I still think they will have high demand for the 200 cars, but heres hoping they will get shat on by the grey import market

What's with Nissan Australia deciding to release GTR's at times of financial crisis, are they determined to FAIL :D

yes well if they had their shit together they could have been selling them a year ago when everything was still tip top and by now would have aleready sold a fair few.

considering I saw these for $80K Aus second hand on carimporttrader, like to hear where the extra $100K comes from. Not like they're not going to make $$$$$$$ from the overpriced dealer servicing.

wonder how their value will hold up on the second hand market considering the current dead used car market?

170K for an R35 which is no quicker than a mildly modded R32, R33 and R34 seems to me to be pretty heavy.

Comparing a brand new, warrantied, completely street legal, OEM-quality car with a great interior to a used modified car (in terms of bang for buck) with a rubbish interior and questionable road legality is pointless.

Is it going to be as comfortable? Is it going to be road legal? Are you still going to have a warranty if something breaks under normal road usage? Will it have the same resale for the money you put into it?

We are talking about a road car here, not a track day special. If you're after the latter, you could buy an Evo VI and sink $60K into it and get something that's faster than both. etc etc