SAU Community

Gtr Price Confirmed By Nissan Australia

R34NOS

170K for an R35 which is no quicker than a mildly modded R32, R33 and R34 seems to me to be pretty heavy. Still bloody good value t 170K when compared to a Porsche or the meagre performance on a M3 V8 for similar bucks.

Unless it came up against something packing more than 500ps, the R35 would hose any previous GT-R, in a straight line and especially around a track.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it came up against something packing more than 500ps, the R35 would hose any previous GT-R, in a straight line and especially around a track.

Grey imports are available in NZ for NZ$120K to NZ140K. AU$170K sounds a bit steep - should be more like $AU 100k

Im really looking forward to seeing R35's driven at the tracks, quite a few local GTR's here have over 500ps and big brakes, built gearboxes etc - will be great to see!

Although as soon as turbo upgrades and readily available 20" semi's come out the R32, R33 and R34s will definatly have their work cut out for them

Does the sales contract have an "out" clause if the eventual price turns out to be significantly higher than what Nissan initially indicated? I'm thinking it must have. For those who watch forex closely (i trade it actively), the A$ outlook is very bearish for the forseeable future. On Friday 24th Oct, the A$ collapsed almost 9pct against the USD to just below 0.62 cents. Against the Yen its now like 58 Yen. Its dropped 30pct since the start of October.

Every technical indicator and currency analyst is betting that it will go below 60cents to the US Dollar and in fact 0.50 is now considered an achievable target (which brings us back to what it was 8 years ago). Thats potentially another 20pct downside to go. If the Yen moves in tandem which it should then it will be something like A$1=48 Yen, a whopping 43pct drop in value from the time Nissan announced the GTR pricing in early Oct.

I wonder how many of those who booked the GTR will be willing to take delivery if it eventually costs A$240,000.

I love how metallic paint costs $5000 extra. It's about time the government cracked down on this blatant scam. I heard a radio interview with a paint manufacturer exec and he said (this is from my memory and about 3 years ago so temper it as you will) that metallic paint on a car should cost $120-150 more than white for a whole car.

$120 - $150 !!

And Fair Trading or some regulatory body out there is sitting on their asses turning a blind eye !!

What the hell man, $5000 for metallic is ridiculous.

For $5000 you can get an aftermarket paint job done which would look 10 times worse.

MRXTCZ

Does the sales contract have an "out" clause if the eventual price turns out to be significantly higher than what Nissan initially indicated? I'm thinking it must have. For those who watch forex closely (i trade it actively), the A$ outlook is very bearish for the forseeable future. On Friday 24th Oct, the A$ collapsed almost 9pct against the USD to just below 0.62 cents. Against the Yen its now like 58 Yen. Its dropped 30pct since the start of October.

Every technical indicator and currency analyst is betting that it will go below 60cents to the US Dollar and in fact 0.50 is now considered an achievable target (which brings us back to what it was 8 years ago). Thats potentially another 20pct downside to go. If the Yen moves in tandem which it should then it will be something like A$1=48 Yen, a whopping 43pct drop in value from the time Nissan announced the GTR pricing in early Oct.

I wonder how many of those who booked the GTR will be willing to take delivery if it eventually costs A$240,000.

I agree -- at 58Y to 1 AUD -- i read a quote saying that's its "as low as the second world war"

I export and lock in FX gains when theyre there -- a forward exchange contract can be taken out to 2 years with major Oz banks -- Im wondering what term Nissan Australia locked their rate to...?

Yen vs AUD

10 year average 79.9500 , 5 year 88.37 , 3 year 92.79 , 1 yr 95.34 -- today 58.56 -- that's a huge crash, roughly equal to the lowest point in the last 10 years.

An optimist would say it couldn't go lower -- anyone want to take a punt?

Anyway, the issue is that the GTR's bang-for-buck status will wash away along with your superannuation returns for the year.......

Here is a break down of the numbers on a GT-R contract (approx)

Basic vehicle price $130k

Dealer delivery $5k

LCT $24k

Stamp $7k

Other on-roads $1k (rego/green slip etc)

So about $167k or thereabouts on-road

Personally I think it's a bargain

Obviosuly you could buy someting much cheaper and be just as quick (or quicker) but that's another argument

Hopefully the looming global recession will leave nissan australia in the same boat as last time they tried to sell GTRs, if they end up with more cars than buyers in 2009 we may see them rethink the pricing of extras like 'dealer delivery' to a more realistic level.

I hope nissan has the good sense to drop all the usual dealer sales crap that is no doubt employed on their usual new car customers and recognise that they may actually be dealing with buyers with a bit more gray matter.

Edited by brent32

Here is a break down of the numbers on a GT-R contract (approx)

Basic vehicle price $130k

Dealer delivery $5k

LCT $24k

Stamp $7k

Other on-roads $1k (rego/green slip etc)

So about $167k or thereabouts on-road

Personally I think it's a bargain

Obviosuly you could buy someting much cheaper and be just as quick (or quicker) but that's another argument

Just out of interest...

R32 GT-R = $110K

R33 GT-R = $???K

R34 GT-R = $???K

R35 GT-R = $167K

Is there an equation or formula that would determine how much the R33 GT-Rs and R34 GT-Rs would have cost (V-Spec and Non) if they had landed here in Aust??? Approximate figures???

Sorry for the tangent!

Tez.

Cheaper R35 GTR Solution:

1. Move to Japan HK NZ

2. Buy GTR

3. Live there for 1.5 years

4. Personal Import and compliance

5. ??

6. Profit

At the end of the day, theres heaps of people with coin that will buy a GTR even at 220k. With the exchange rate being the way it is, I doubt you can get a grey import cheaper than 170k as you still have to pay LCT, duty, GST, freight, compliance, stamp duty, etc. You will have no warranty or support from Nissan Aust.

Look on the bright side.. in 10 years they should hopefully be 1/4 of their value today.

What happens if you buy an R35 GTR off your mate in Japan for $10,000 (he's a fantastic mate) You give his family a $70,000 "present" (as they're just so fantastic as well) the car only cost $10,000K on paper, so importing would be fairly cheap :)

What happens if you buy an R35 GTR off your mate in Japan for $10,000 (he's a fantastic mate) You give his family a $70,000 "present" (as they're just so fantastic as well) the car only cost $10,000K on paper, so importing would be fairly cheap :ninja:

No go mate, they will value it here and you will pay import duty, gst and lct on that the valuation, they use the exchange rate on the day the boat departs port, just in case you thought you can use a backdated invoice!!

They have all avenues covered and if they catch you cheating on purchase price they can and will confiscate the goods and sell them .

No go mate, they will value it here and you will pay import duty, gst and lct on that the valuation, they use the exchange rate on the day the boat departs port, just in case you thought you can use a backdated invoice!!

They have all avenues covered and if they catch you cheating on purchase price they can and will confiscate the goods and sell them .

So that must be a bit of a trap on R34 GTRs that can fall $1K either side of the LCT valuation, you're basically at the mercy of a guy with his clipboard and if he's had a barny with his wife that day :ninja: