SAU Community

Gtr Price Confirmed By Nissan Australia

R34NOS

So that must be a bit of a trap on R34 GTRs that can fall $1K either side of the LCT valuation, you're basically at the mercy of a guy with his clipboard and if he's had a barny with his wife that day :ninja:

LCT on 1k is $330 no big deal.

I didn't say they will value a car you have a genuine invoice for, they will not , they will take your invoice cost and tax you on that.

They can however ( and sometimes do) ask you questions if they think you are cheating them with a dummy invoice and they can and will ask you for all your bank account numbers and statements .

Don't forget you are dealing with the ATO here and they have huge power.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say they will value a car you have a genuine invoice for, they will not , they will take your invoice cost and tax you on that.

They can however ( and sometimes do) ask you questions if they think you are cheating them with a dummy invoice and they can and will ask you for all your bank account numbers and statements .

They have a lot of power locally, I bet they'd be hard pressed getting bank details if you work overseas with your wages paid into and off-shore account. They can't get HECS back if you work overseas, so I'm assuming getting bank details would be just as hard/impossible. They're not getting very far with Paul Hogan :P

Anway all speculation for those dodgy people wanting R35's at a lower cost :P

They have a lot of power locally, I bet they'd be hard pressed getting bank details if you work overseas with your wages paid into and off-shore account. They can't get HECS back if you work overseas, so I'm assuming getting bank details would be just as hard/impossible. They're not getting very far with Paul Hogan :P

Anway all speculation for those dodgy people wanting R35's at a lower cost :yes:

A very different story when your car is sitting on the docks accruing $70 a day in storage costs. Then you do whatever they ask - if you don't, your car never makes it into the country. Simple.

I'll tell you something scary. they wont even ask for your bank statements and transfer records. they can look at your accounts and get the info direct without you even knowing... nasty stuff.