SAU Community

Jdm Switchgear And Mfd

smashedhat

A JDM GT-R is looking alot more attractive given the probable waiting times for an Aus spec delivery. However my only concerns (as comparatively minor as they may be in comparison to the performance of the car) are in regard to the multifunction display and the switchgear.

I cannot speak or read japanese and so I have concerns about how useable the multfunction display will be. Is it realistic to think that with the arrival of ukspec cars (which i assume will be delivered long before aus spec ones), that english versions of the japanese switchgear as well as a fully english program for the MFD will become available? Is it also possible to get the gps working with map content from australia or is the only solution to wait untill the end of 09-10 for the data to become available in aus-spec cars and then attempt to get hold of it (obviously taking into account nissan australias refusal to have anything to do with JDM cars.)

its quite easy to navigate the MFD and other controls even without any japanese language skills. and some kind folk have done up neat little translation manuals with functions translated and how to get to them. they have done up translations for the controls to.

JDM is still a good option as I think nissans delivery times will still be quite a way off, and with limited supply you could be waiting until deep into next year.

It would be a costly exercise but it could be done. No sat nav though Aus spec cars wont get this for a while. Though you could integrate any sat nav that had composite video out.

Parts alone would be over $5k then there'd be a bit of stuffing around.