SAU Community

Bit Of A Problem

hey guys got a bit of a problem i need some help with

whilst driving lately ive noticed alot of noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel, its like a creaking groaning noise, you can only hear it when driving slowy through carparks etc. Anyway my rotors were due to be changed out so the new ones have been fitted and ive now noticed that when i turn right i can hear the back rotor grinding on something.

So today i jacked the car up and took the wheel off to have a look, the caliper and pads all look fine (the pads are brand new) but it looks like the rotor has just been hitting the inside of the caliper as it has scrape marks on it. While fiddling around i noticed that i can move the whole rotor and hub up and down, its got about 10mil play in it, when the wheel was back on u can put one hand on top and one on the bottom and wiggle it quite easily which is pretty alarming.

anyone got any clues as to wat this could be as my mechanical knowledge is average

cheers Nick :blink:

I got a similar problem on my 32 but only when i got past 80, everyone ive talked to say yeh wheel bearing.

Just wanted to know how much roughly is parts and labour? so i dont get jibbed

I bought a brand new one for an R32 GTST and installed it myself. Cost about $200 for the new hub. Another option is to buy a second hand one.

It's quite simple to change if you have a decent set of tools and a 36 socket.

• 3 weeks later...

CBC (I think they are "Consolidate Bearing Co").

Word of advice - if you are replacing one side, the replace the other side. If one side is dead, the other is likely to be close to dead.

have you had the tires changed latley? it could even just be off balance. If its the wheel bearings the centre of ur wheel gets hot check it after you go for a drive or jack it up and give the wheel a shake to see if theres any play from the hub