SAU Community

Indicator Advice

Stealthed

i think the question would be why do you want to.

Generally they flash fast to let you know that one of your globes is blown, so what you have to do is reduce the amount of current that is being drawn.

If you want to do this the best way is to install LED lights but not the ones that are ready made, you will have to make your own. The ready made ones have extra parts in them that creates the same current draw so they flash at the normal rate.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Ross

I don't think they flash to let you know a globe has blown, I think it's just a case of that's what happens when a globe blows and the current draw decreases..

Maybe look at off the shelf flasher units, I'm not an autosparky so I don't know whether they would all be the same or not..

I don't think they flash to let you know a globe has blown, I think it's just a case of that's what happens when a globe blows and the current draw decreases..

Maybe look at off the shelf flasher units, I'm not an autosparky so I don't know whether they would all be the same or not..

All new cars are designed this way to let the person know that a indicator light is out, it is a saftey feature.

You do have a good point with the flasher unit it is another possibilty but will be hard to find one that will fit and do what you want it to do.

yeah the guys above have told u, basicly less current draw so the flasher unit (capaciter) is discarged alot slower hence can reboot up faster because it don need as much charge:)

Its not a capaciter (well not in any i have seen) they operate using a bi-metalic strip. When one glob goes out - less current draw = less heat, making the bi-metalic strip bend in a smaller arc then cooling down and making contact in a shorter time hence the 'fast' flash.

Cheers

Ross