SAU Community

R33 Fuel COnsumption

Eav00l

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

max boost for the R33 gtst is 7psi (stock), i usually get around 450km to a tank, giving it a bit here and there, thats running11psi but i dont think it changed much when i increased the boost!!

im getting around 250k per tank in my r32...thats utterly ****ed. Any1 have ideas as to why? Thats with not giving it at all, changing gears at 2500/3000rpm. Ive got a remapped ecu, and the AFR is around 10.3 all the way thru the rev range, so its abit rich...but would it make that much of a difference?

Get your oxygen sensors checked... they may be dead... thus leading to overly rich mixtures. It's a prob I'm going through right now as well... just haven't had the spare cash to get the O2 replaced.

Currently getting 250 km's when the right foot is heavy.. yuck... 320 km's @ absolute most shifting so early the turbo goes to sleep...

Anybody know how much an O2 sensor should cost?

I recently got ~50 less kays to a tank on low boost (10psi) with BP 98 fuel than I do on high boost (16psi) with Mobil 98 fuel.

For some reason my car doesn't like BP fuel as it feels flat in the mid when coming on boost and slightly hesitates.

Mobil definately feels a lot snappier.

I have kept a record of every drop of fuel I have put in my car for the last 6 months and how many k's i am getting. I will make a new thread with the results after a few more mods so people can get some idea what to expect.

I started stock, then added 3 inch dump pipe and hi flow cat, then pod filter. next is a PowerFC which I am sure will make a big difference to my mileage.

I have not added up any results yet but will be interesting to see. Will keep u posted, just as soon as i get the PowerFC.

Damo

i keep a close watch on my consumption as well.

Its pretty damn bad! With at least 90% heavy city driving(i live in the city so theres a million sets of lights to get anywhere :P ) i get 300-320ksMAX from 50 litres. SO that works out to be minimum of around 16.5l/100km

on the freeway i can get between 400-500kms out of a tank (depending on the average speed more than anything else) so thats around 10-13l/100km

so yeah ive found consumption really depends on how and where you drive.

Edit: car is very close to stock.

When I was still driving auto R33, was pretty bad on fuel consumption, city driving could be about 15L/100km. The best is 13L/100km. Hwy cruising is average 11L/100km.

Now I drive manual R33, found fuel consumption is a tad better, with city driving around 13L/100km, but hwy cruising does not differ much from auto's 11L/100km, the manual is slightly better at 10.5L/100km...