SAU Community

R32 Driver Door Removal Help

nwa32

Hi all,

I am in the process of replacing my R32 sedan driver door as my current door is all dinged up. Now heres the problem:

I am having trouble locating where I can unplug the driver door wires so I can remove the door. Can someone tell me where to locate and unplug those wires? Do I need to take apart the dash to get to the wires plug?

doorwirestg1.th.jpg

Edited by nwa32

Hey man,

There's no way of disconnected the loom. It's all connected to the main body harness if you know what I mean.

You have to take off your door card, unplug everything, and then feed the door loom through that hole you circled.

Hope that helps.

Hey man,

There's no way of disconnected the loom. It's all connected to the main body harness if you know what I mean.

You have to take off your door card, unplug everything, and then feed the door loom through that hole you circled.

Hope that helps.

uuhhh, what are you on about?

there is a rubber plug if you follow that black cord back to the chassis of the car. you unplug that and there are two connectors which you disconnect. i have attached a really crap photo of the black rubber thing and the two connectors.

07-10-08_2128.jpg

then just feed the whole lot back out through the hole and you can take your door off

also you may or may not have to take the front 1/4 guard off to get to the bolts that hold the door on. and its also an idea is to take the pin out of the thing that holds your door open before you take the bolts off. im talking about the rod thats just under the bit that you circled

trust me, its a bitch if you don't take it off first.

Cheers for the feedback.

I have decided to unplug it this way as I want to keep the original door loom. Just need to find the time to give this a try.

there is a rubber plug if you follow that black cord back to the chassis of the car. you unplug that and there are two connectors which you disconnect. i have attached a really crap photo of the black rubber thing and the two connectors.

07-10-08_2128.jpg

then just feed the whole lot back out through the hole and you can take your door off

The problem was that I can't follow the black cord back to the chassis so I can disconnect the connectors/plugs. I tried to reach for the connectors/plugs from underneath where the pedals are but they are like hidden behind. Did u have to take out the dash to disconnect them?