SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Got some info about E85 for us South Aussies, if you want more info or to complain

E85 Inquiries - Contact Duty Officer: 8234 2036

or

Environment Australia Fuel Standards: 1800 803 772

... let the onslaught begin? =)

going to reply saying if you open one in the east side, you'll be laughing!

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are currently assessing volumes and customer uptake from the few trial stores that we have in Australia. As volumes increase then we will look at increase outlet numbers.

There are no plans at this point in time for E85 at United Kingsway.

Regards,

April Sacluti

Retail Communications Coordinator

United Petroleum Pty Ltd

200 Hoddle Street,

ABBOTSFORD, VIC 3067

Phone: (03) 9413 1672 | Fax: (03) 8415 1934

Email [email protected]

Web www.unitedpetroleum.com.au

will definitely let them know about the large enthusiast community that is keen on this fuel, local and import cars.

Just an update for the Sydney folk.

United at Rozelle is the only servo in Sydney that will be supplying E85 from the pump.

I called Manildra head office and they told me that they are no longer supplying E85 to the Enhance service stations.

I asked why and he said "There is a reason, i just dont know it"

I even went to the one in Dapto and it looked like they had been out of it for some time.

The guy at Manildra said i can order it in 200L drums for $400, so i said no thanks ill just go to the United in Rozelle from now on.

Because of this news i have upped my storage to 200L.

Just for something to do Lee and I ran our cars back to back to compare turbo's, both running E85 on std engines

HKS3037 with a .68 rear vs GT3582 with a .8 rear

same boost and ign maps

post-34685-1238986547_thumb.jpg

Still std cams and std exh. manifold for the GT35r?

Curious to know the above as a mates gt35r .82 on an rb30det running an rb26 head with cams in the 260degree range but decent lift + a home made exh. manifold pulls 390rwkw on avgas with around 20psi.

If your still on stock cams etc then god damn!!! :thumbsup:

I've been told of some impressive gains E85 has over C16. Definitely good shit. I still have 1/4 of a tank left so will have to head down and try to track some down. Hopefully Mawson lakes still sells. :P

Edited by TheRogue

I've been told of some impressive gains E85 has over C16. Definitely good shit. I still have 1/4 of a tank left so will have to head down and try to track some down. Hopefully Mawson lakes still sells. :thumbsup:

Hey mate,

As of a couple of weeks ago there was no one in SA with E85 at the bowser. When i rang and spoke to Mawson Lakes about E85 they informed me that they were not allowed to sell anymone (for how long who knows). Just give them a ring first, who knows things may have changed.

Lee

Still std cams and std exh. manifold for the GT35r?

Curious to know the above as a mates gt35r .82 on an rb30det running an rb26 head with cams in the 260degree range but decent lift + a home made exh. manifold pulls 390rwkw on avgas with around 20psi.

If your still on stock cams etc then god damn!!! :woot:

I've been told of some impressive gains E85 has over C16. Definitely good shit. I still have 1/4 of a tank left so will have to head down and try to track some down. Hopefully Mawson lakes still sells. :D

yeah std cams, with extreme high mount manifold, cant complain thats forsure!!

going to reply saying if you open one in the east side, you'll be laughing!

will definitely let them know about the large enthusiast community that is keen on this fuel, local and import cars.

Got a simmilar reply recently just fyi:

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are currently assessing volumes and customer uptake from the few trial stores that we have in Australia. As volumes increase then we will look at increase outlet numbers.

E85 was planned for Virginia (Brisbane), but we have yet to receive confirmation on an exact installation date.

Regards,

April Sacluti

Retail Communications Coordinator

United Petroleum Pty Ltd

200 Hoddle Street,

ABBOTSFORD, VIC 3067

ok, i spoke to fuel standards aust today, and the dept of sustainable resources or some shit....

the dealio is...

e85 is legal to sell still, but there is only 1 model of bowser that is legal to use. these are the ones that united have.

it went on sale temporarily in other types of bowsers, but they have now been shut down as the companies producing them will not give assurance on the lines being capable of holding e85

united have 1 servo in melb, 1 in syd, and they are not giving up any info on whether they will be adding more

Back from the tuners yesterday.

Adam uploaded some new stuff to the Haltech to help with some hesitation down low.

Also had a tweak of the tune, had the screamer plumbed in so was having a slight boost issue.

Reeled off 348rwkw up from 325rwkw. And the car feels sooo much better in every part of the rev range especially down low.

More torque! Can go from 1100rpm in 4th with no hesitation what so ever. I did not think it was possible to tune in a 3L bottom end lol

One worrying thing was he had to add 13% more fuel everywhere, not sure why it was running lean after the exhaust fitting ???

No sign of fuel supply probs with the 740s and the good ole Nismo intank lol

Still has the boost bleed problem but its much better than previous. Looking at the graph you could mistake the boost line for a torque line lol

Imagine the power curve if it flat lined at 23psi!!!

I think we are maxxed with this turbo though. which is fine because i wont be pushing it any hard power wise.

348kwDynorun.jpg

Happy chappy!

Well done NYTSKY i knew yours had more in it......Good to see all your hard work has paid off. Who woulda thought a GT30 sized turbo could push 350rwkw on a RB25(not me 6 months ago thats for sure). E85 is awsome fuel no doubt about it.

Great result NYTSKY ....by the way what mods did you end up doing to your exhaust.

We fitted a HKS 3.75inch exhaust.

In a couple of weeks im going back to get the cold start adjusted.

Also im ditching the Haltech boost controller and fitting my old Profec B 2.

This will hopefully help a little more with the boost control.

Im collecting parts for an external fuel system at the moment, just for a little more head room if the boost flat lines at 23psi after the Profec B install :)

I find your comments interesting how you believe you've maxed your 3076 at 348 RWKW's.

Was PM'ing a member on NS and he has a HKS 3037 56 trim comp and .73 rear on 6Boost on his SR with screamer and 3.5 inch exhaust and HKS 264/272 cams. He made 342 rwks with 24 psi initially but dropping to 22 psi with E85 which I understand was also on the JEM dyno.

So it seems E85 and the 3076/3037 maxes out around 340 - 350 rwks on decent setups regardless of the engine (SR or RB) confirming your comments that it is the turbo that is maxing out around this hp level on E85.

That would be Paul,

His car is an animal. One of the quickest S13s in the country.

The 3076 is rated at 525hp. So it makes sense that the current power level is the highest efficient limit.

348 is at 19psi and 6800rpm.

At 23psi we might reach 360rwkw which would be really pushing the turbo. For the sake of reliability 350rwkw is plenty.

Yes it was PJ

10.7 sec qtrs and 134 mph with a HKS 3037 running 19 psi is pretty much unheard of.....funny thing is he doesn't reckon it has reached its full potential yet. :) I think he's looking to try a bigger ex A/R.

Edited by juggernaut1

I have just started to run E85 in my daily drive s13 with a stock ca18det in it and I love it...

The car was dynoed to 285HP at the hubs at 1,3 bar boost on normal fuel, then a remaped chip for e85, 1,35 bar and 352hp and over 100nm more then normal fuel, and this on a small GT28R turbo. This is meaured on a dynapack btw.

The car runs cooler, but uses a lot more fuel when I use it hard.

Al in al its a very good fuel I think, alo smells better...

I am sertanly using it for my R32gtr when the rb30 is ready.