SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

I would be tempted to fit bigger injectors and lean on the stock turbo a bit. The e85 will give you more power whilst running lower exhaust temps compared to ULP, so it should reduce the heat load on the exhaust wheel. I wouldnt be surprised to see 220rwkw at 15 psi with a stocker on e85

Ok last question.

After the injectors are installed, a decent tuner should take how many hours to do a full map on e85? keeping in mind I have it tuned on 98 at the moment. Plus I read that fuel filters were getting changed every few weeks for a while after is that true?

Apart from that all else should be sweet though right.

Its all the same stuff.

E85 either comes from CSR or Manildra. Unless Powerplus are making it themselves which i doubt.

As we were going through installing the new fuel system all parts that were taken off the car were inspected, everything looked great :)

The injector O-rings are not brittle and have no sign of cracks or premature wear at all. I was comparing them to a new set that i have and i cannot tell the difference between the two.

To save you scrolling up on this page, here it is again :bunny:

Mines not the injector O rings that are the problem, rather the O ring between the fuel filler and the tank has swelled and no longer seals.

The car is a 1990 but even a brand new nissan o ring seems to swell up and fail to seal. Perhaps their manufacturing changed in the r33 series of cars?

didn't bother doing a cold start on mine....

it starts....

eventually

I jack up the cold start enrichment by around 25% at -10C and +10C, then 15% at +30C and finally 10% at +50C. I leave 80C alone, although some guys have found adding 5% works OK there as well.

You might want to have a look at the cranking time, it depends on your injector speed and type. Have a play, you can't hurt anything, after all E85 doesn't contaminate the oil like petrol.

Cheers

Gary

ok

1. gary... you're alive!

2. thanx man, would have a look but the car needs another tune on e85 anyway as we found a split cooler hose was present at the time of the last one... i'll pass those values on to trent.

wonder how much more my injectors have in them..... they were pretty far on 311rwkw with e85 cant remember the max dc atm (not 100 lol), but should be looking @ 325-330rwkw if they can make it...

ok

1. gary... you're alive!

2. thanx man, would have a look but the car needs another tune on e85 anyway as we found a split cooler hose was present at the time of the last one... i'll pass those values on to trent.

wonder how much more my injectors have in them..... they were pretty far on 311rwkw with e85 cant remember the max dc atm (not 100 lol), but should be looking @ 325-330rwkw if they can make it...

740's??? mine maxed out at around 335 340rwkw

Haven't been on here for a while and last time i was there was talk of unavailability issues?

How's that all looking now? Who and where's stocking the good stuff?!?!?!?!?! (In Vic)

My car is going in in a month and i sure as hell want a re-tune on E85 but it'll be availability dependant!!!

Cheers!

740's??? mine maxed out at around 335 340rwkw

My 555's maxed at 337rwkw on E85...

I have upgraded to 850 Sards and am now seeing anywhere from 80-85 inj duty on my Power FC and making a consistant 350rwkw on E85 with a base pressure of 43.

Your 555's still have more in em on E85 joeyjoejoe imo.

Maybe the 2 Mainlines and 1 DD were reading high who knows but thats my experience so far.