SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

900nm, nice.. my car was making around 1080nm to 1180nm but it never had a aggresive tune, 500cc don't make too much difference.

If you look closely enough it reads 1107 and 1051 nm's :down: ........If you had of asked me 12 months ago i would of been all for a 3ltr but now 2.5ltr is plenty for the street on E85 imo.

standard internals? 23psi??

what's with people running massive boost on un-opened engines?? i think hamish is like 23psi as well on his 33?? :down:

Yes and Yes

At the end of the day if the engine says enough is enough well then its time to reach in the back pocket for a full house rebuild, but until then if it aint broke.......

• 2 weeks later...

if E85 has 70% less emissions, etc... could you run a big flowing cat, that doesn't pass EPA, but claim it would be fine given the fuel being used?

i'm thinking wishful thinking... but also think that if it's tested, you'd still be good?

Yes frying 4th at 160klm's.

He wasn't using the water injection in that 503hp dyno run.....insanely enough there is more power to come.

So he's found and extra 50 odd rwhp from the bigger ex housing, 1 psi more boost, upgraded fuel system, M&W CDI and retune.

He also mentioned EGT's were way down with the larger ex housing - as you would expect.

PJ's car just ran a 10.4 at 136mph with the 3037 on E85....which I understand is possibly a record for an s13 on radials.

Went for another cruise the other night. And even with a blown turbo gasket PJ still manages to bake the treads in 3rd :P

Also my car has just come off the dyno with a nice 363rwkw(490hp)@23psi makes 706ft/lbs :D

GO THE 3037s!

Went for another cruise the other night. And even with a blown turbo gasket PJ still manages to bake the treads in 3rd :P

Also my car has just come off the dyno with a nice 363rwkw(490hp)@23psi makes 706ft/lbs :D

GO THE 3037s!

Excellent power and torque - would be a responsive rocket no doubt....you got it to hold boost....what was the secret....boost controller?

Seriously, some one bring me this fuel up here!! This aint fair :P I'm going to have to put nitrous in the car just to keep up with you people :)

Edited by PM-R33

Good to see your finally making some decent power Dave. :P

E85 no longer being available in adelaide I'm jumping to the GT35r with a hks cast manifold and ext gate, with cams etc I'm hoping for a solid 350rwkw on pump. Aim low be happy when I make more :)

Edited by SLAPS

• 2 weeks later...

We are now trying to source ethanol in the sphincter of the universe & Georgia in Eastern Europe.

I have a rally car in Georgia who wants to run the stuff and the drifters in the sphincter of the universe are keen also. Will keep you guys updated

Looks like it will only be available in 100%. so it will be e100 so I will be able to mix it with 98 octane depending on the car / combo.

Has anyone had issues with a tank of E85 forming vapour and running badly after being left for a day or more? I spoke to my mechanic about using e85/98 blend and he said what one of his customers tried (some 'ET' stuff in 20L drums) had consistency issues. The car was filled up with it, tuned, left on the dyno overnight and the tune was way off the next morning.

Anyone else have issues similar to this?

• 2 weeks later...
Went for another cruise the other night. And even with a blown turbo gasket PJ still manages to bake the treads in 3rd :)

Also my car has just come off the dyno with a nice 363rwkw(490hp)@23psi makes 706ft/lbs :)

GO THE 3037s!

Haha finally fixing it tomorrow then it's time for a full cage. Damn I'm kicking myself hearing about all these mad cruises that I'm missing out on!

Hungry for power yet Dave or what? If mine is all over the shop, I couldn't imagine how yours would be with the 6 bangers torque!

Yeh Paul there has been a few.

Power and torque level is fine for the moment, bloody handful as it is :)

Got some footage you would be interested in :D

2 words: Power skid

Pulled the head off to remove the blocked rear oil restrictor and shove 2 x 1.2's in there. IMO one 1.5mm up front for a hydraulic head isn't too good for the fat left exhaust side of the head)

The car hasn't done too many km's on E85 as its not street driven but a few things I've noticed.

1. Any carbon sitting on the pistons has basically dissapeared. What is left isn't hard and crispy like it usually is but soft and gooey.

2. There's slight surface rust on the turbine outlet and inside the exhaust manifold. Not so much a complete cover but tinny little dots of really light rust.