SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

from what ive seen E85 is on par with racefuel up to 30psi...its beyond this that the racefuel takes the lead in the power stakes.

What racefuel? I've tuned some big hp, 25psi plus xr6t on vp109 and E85 and I can tell you that you can definately find the detonation threshold on VP109 where e85 you could just keep putting timing in with no knock what so ever.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks dude..

just asking cas i wanna get it tuned with a 20L in it. reason why 20L is because Jerry Cans are in 20L and it would be handy to tune a mix of this in.

What if I just putt it around to my Tuner?

It would only be driven for 20-30mins. try to stay off boost as much as i can?

Cheers guys

I'm hopefully getting my mine tuned in the next 10 days or so with E85.

Now i have an ECUtalk thingy that lets me add fuel and timing across the whole map up to 20%. Will i be able to safely fill up, add some fuel and get to the tuners (prob 20km away).

Thanks in advance.

James

Yea it would run i guess. But i and others would not recomend it as your pretty much flying blind with no idea how your afrs are

20% is just a guess, you could be way off at certain load points - and its not like your gonna be coasting the car to the tuners, your still gonna have to put the car under load here n there

Quote: And the car maker has committed to launching a Commodore that is capable of running on 85 per cent ethanol by the end of the year.

Holden have been making 100% ethanol cars for years and shipping them abroad haven't they?

Also, I don't like the government getting involved in anything or it will be bound to fail. :blink: