SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Ok, got some 750cc injectors on the way for my E85/BP98 50/50 mix...

I have two choices of E85 over here in WA... Either Powerplus for $650 or CSR for $550

My question is which one? Is the Powerplus really worth the premium?

I have two choices of E85 over here in WA... Either Powerplus for $650 or CSR for $550

I got the same prices for these 2 this week Simon, im probably going to go for the CSR as the tuner im using suggested to get it from rpw and as far as i know thats where he gets it from.

whos tuning yours?

I got the same prices for these 2 this week Simon, im probably going to go for the CSR as the tuner im using suggested to get it from rpw and as far as i know thats where he gets it from.

whos tuning yours?

Sean from Allstar... I assume that you're getting yours done at Hyperdrive?!?

I paid $150 for a drum of CSR. :ermm:

Thanks Birds.

So when's caltex releasing this shit do we have a date? I can't find any specific dates

I was told, "The end of the month" by 2 servos I rang but Caltex thought they were already operating. I guess we will find out next week...

Nope sean aswell.

just got my 1450cc injectors delivered, so a quick run over the pits, strip the pit crap off and then all thats left is for sean to work magic on my 26/t04z/e85/26psi.

will let ya know how i go.

I see your 1450cc and raise you ID2000s :)

NOTE: My Rochester 1000s are for sale if anyone is interested. $500 Delivered FIRM.

Well, the Caltex pumps seem to be up and running, they wouldn't tell me the price over the phone, can anyone near the Clayton road servo call past and check the price?

I will try and call in for a fill and let you know how it runs, and if the wideband likes it. :)

yeah i saw a scrolling thing on Sky news yday morning saying holden has relased their flex-fuel cars - surprise surprise nothing on the holden website, but it seems to be official so assumed the Caltex stations were up and running.

definitely let us know how you go :)

i do have something to ask the people of this thread, something that a potential buyer of my car has asked.

He wanted to know that if the car was on the E85 map, and for whatever reason you couldn't change it (laptop died, USB consult cable not working, etc) would you be able to drive it on 98 etc?

I thought it might be ok if you took it VERY easy as there would be a lot more fuel yeah? but also more timing? i thought maybe with the extra fuel in the tune it MIGHT make it safe to drive very sedately despite the extra timing.

thoughts?