SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

• 2 weeks later...

Caltex Moorebank (Newbridge Rd) Sydney

Last night

Pump is up n running :P

Asked the Attendant if its an 85% blend or 70%

he reckons its 85% since the weather is getting warmer, and E70 is only sold in Winter when its real cold.

anyway usually when i run the stuff from United its always E85, it smells like ethanol and cold start usually stutters for a few seconds before it idles smoothly

this caltex stuff that i filled up with last night starts up 1st go perfectly so im inclined to believe that it isnt exactly E85, but closer to E70 than anything just judging from the cold start difference, and also it smells more like Unleaded than the United stuff.

Who knows

but runs the same, doesnt seem like its running richer, nor does it Knock AFAIK

post-24400-1287542963_thumb.jpg

Edited by aym23q

cool. I live just 2 mins drive from the united at rozelle but more servos around the place is a good thing. have 1,000cc injectors in the new GTR so am very seriously considering trying it out. :D

I should go past Kambah and check it out there....

But how bloody much would a full tune set me back in dyno time! fark.

It shouldn't take more than two hours to get tuned properly. Im lucky, I have a local dyno I can get on for $50 an hour now, BYO tuner. :worship:

How much were you quoted and hour?

So over the space of a few days i read this whole thread a while ago. and remember a topic on oils to use with e85.

what oils do you guys use with the e85?

Sougi 6000, discontinued unfortunately.

I used to use 300v without any issues but I would suggest you use the stock water thermostat if its a daily, as the oil needs to reach 80 degrees, to boil all the ethanol dumped into the sump at startup. (Otherwise the oil will go all milky, mine did with the low temp thermostat)