SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Mine is not a daily and i tend to drive hard 90% of the time so i doubt the O2 has much input. Its only had 1 tune on E85 so i'm not concerned (still uses less fuel than my patrol )

I don't see how you can have such little variation in fuel use considering how much extra fuel is needed with ethanol.

Edited by Bond

because mine is a daily/streeter. so it sees a lot of time at cruise.

and it doesn't seem to need all that much extra to give me a lambda of 1 on e-flex

but yes I haven't done a full tank driving it hard 90% of the time. Will find out when i finaly get it onto the track :verymad:

Edit : Also consider 11l/100Km > 14l/100Km as a percentage. My consumption went up 27% Which is crack on ball park for ethanol

techedge will set me back $478 or some shit after GST and freight tho :P

then I gotta get it installed....fark knows where I'll get that done, unless I can somehow just replace my factory o2 sensor with the techedge and plug that into the v44.

i can install it if you want.

Pat, it can do wideband closed loop or use the stock narrow band one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10-COLOUR-LED-WIDEB...=item2eb09e11bf

this is the one I've got.

Looks cheap and nasty, but responds fast, is accurate compared to Ed's dyno one. and cheep cheep!

does it have a 0-5v output for the ECU?

http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm

this one is 411 + delivery if you get the 2j9 + 7200 sensor + LA1 52mm display

thats the updated version of mine and outputs to the ECU flawlessly.

Oh you don't have closed loop going at the moment?

i though you had a wideband on your dash? no analog output?

i do have wideband closed loop going, i mean for trozzle. thats what the ECU needs to know to use it.

does it have a 0-5v output for the ECU?

http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm

this one is 411 + delivery if you get the 2j9 + 7200 sensor + LA1 52mm display

thats the updated version of mine and outputs to the ECU flawlessly.

Yeah man that's exactly what I wanted to get....BUT, it's $411 PLUS GST PLUS DELIVERY. They don't count GST in their original prices :) from memory, it came to like $478

Could you please define to me exactly what "closed loop" means in this sense? I keep getting the impression you tell it you want 12:1 AFR, and it will adjust fuel constantly to keep it there....if that's the case, you'd only need to adjust timing when swapping to E85...correct? that doesn't sounds quite right to me, hence my confusion...but it could be the case lol

Closed loop only gets used during idle and cruise, where the ecu looks at the narrowband voltage, which only fluctuates from 0-1v and can only measure between 14-15 AFR... so the ecu keeps the voltage in between 0 and 1 volt by adding and taking out fuel. thus keeping the AFR's at i nice 14.7/1

This is my understanding of it anyway...

narrow band closed loop aims for 0.5v which is 14.7:1 and is only used during light load/cruise, you can not use it to accurately aim for other ratios much beyond that, wideband closed loop aims for what ever afr you tell it to and can work even when you are using 100% throttle @ 7000rpm if you want.

if you want i can give you the map from my ECU Pat and you can take a look.

wideband closed loop would be awesome! is that what your gonna be running? I'm very much limited to what NIStune can do.

I'll be getting the software tomorrow when I'm "hard at work" and have my laptop there hehehe

so i'll grab it off ya then. cheers!

wideband closed loop would be awesome! is that what your gonna be running? I'm very much limited to what NIStune can do.

I'll be getting the software tomorrow when I'm "hard at work" and have my laptop there hehehe

so i'll grab it off ya then. cheers!

i have been running it for the past 2 years, you can get some excelent cruise econ running 15.5-16:1 with very low throttle

i just emailed the file to you as i dont have them at work.