SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

I'm very much limited to what NIStune can do.

Other than the fact that I would have had a bit more stuffing around to sort nistune on a 33, this is why I spent the bigger dollarz and went with the ViPEC :)

OK so since it looks like nobody want to buy my rims lol, I'll probably get myself new a new CAT of some description, and a wideband from wbo2 in the coming months....

and some ku36's, coz these Maxxis tyres SUCK with power.

sorry if this has been covered earlier, my wideband doesnt read in lambda so im stuck with the gasoline calibrated AFR's.

what ive read is you divide your GAS AFR by 1.5 to get your actual AFR on E85.

it looks like the AFR's on your GAS calibrated AFR dont change too much, ive ripped a table from: http://www.e85forum.com/ntopic777.html&amp...721aef0b42b578a

Idle/Cruise = 14.7 - 15.2

Light Load = 12.5 - 13.2

Pre-WOT load = 11.5

WOT = 11:1 - 10.5

these figures are for gasoline calibrated AFR's.

does this sound right to the pro's?

update on my E-Flex adventures.

Car feels AMAZING to drive, more torquey, smoother throughout the entire rev range.

290rwkw with siemens deka 550cc injectors, walbro pump. still more left in the injectors, and pump seems to be keeping up just fine.

i ran a walbro the whole time i was on E85, 740cc injectors - never any issues, prob about 18months straight of exclusive E85 use - bout the same power as well

Your opinion is invalid as you have shown mental instability when you sold that absolutely amazing R34 of yours. Shame on you.

lol :blink:

update on my E-Flex adventures.

Car feels AMAZING to drive, more torquey, smoother throughout the entire rev range.

290rwkw with siemens deka 550cc injectors, walbro pump. still more left in the injectors, and pump seems to be keeping up just fine.

Oh I didnt realise that result was on E85! Did you have a tune on 98 as well?

He only ever got his 98 tune results once I believe, and it was with a really restrictive intake so it only made 266rwkw when the piping was killing airflow.

This tune was on E-something....like E70 or thereabouts

Here's a quick excel of my pre and post caltex e flex fuel :blush:

LRCOQ.jpg

NOTE!!! the Caltex E-Flex was actually run with LESS boost

PULP 98 spiked up to 21psi then dropped to 15 and held

Caltex E-Flex spiked to 19psi then dropped to just under 14psi by redline (where peak power was made)

I used the formula ((Speed/28)*1000) for the revs. Not exact but very close

almost 50rwkw gain through the midrange and this is only e70 at the moment...

giggity!

Yeah Pat your results make me cry. LESS boost, and HUGE gains in midrange. Fark I gotta get up early to fix my cooler piping tomorrow, not driving my car hurts. Can't wait to make the switch as well, just gotta get a bloody wideband :blush:

fark.. you guys are still going with this :thumbsup:

I been in Abu Dhabi in UAE tuning, fuel here costs 50c a litre for 98 =) and money is never a problem for guys wanting to build cars...

how different is the Caltex stuff to the United stuff? With e85 i never had any starting issues, only difference was a extra 4 cranks of the engine and that was it.