SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Roughly how much would I be looking at for a full retune onto E85? Obviously depends on where you go, and how good the tuner is....but for arguments sake, let's say Yavuz @ Unigroup...just wanna know if I can afford it just yet :P

talk to pat, we got mine running pretty good in a couple hours.

I bought an E85 tester the other week so i tested the E85 i got from the United at Rozelle.

Turns out (today) its E90.

I will be testing every time i fill up now, just to make sure its consistent.

And to my shock that the E85 at Rozelle is mixed by the guy driving the truck! If he adds too much of one and not the other do you think he is going to tell anyone??

I suggest buying a tester, just so you know what you are getting.

I bought an E85 tester the other week so i tested the E85 i got from the United at Rozelle.

Turns out (today) its E90.

I will be testing every time i fill up now, just to make sure its consistent.

And to my shock that the E85 at Rozelle is mixed by the guy driving the truck! If he adds too much of one and not the other do you think he is going to tell anyone??

I suggest buying a tester, just so you know what you are getting.

good idea. any link to or info on the tester you bought? price?

I'm installing a Zeitronix as we speak:

Zeitronix ECA

Also indicates fuel temp which is useful if you have a big fuel pump system and are sitting idling during staging or in heavy traffic. I also have a fuel cooler fitted with a thermo fan activated at 50C.

I'm installing a Zeitronix as we speak:

Zeitronix ECA

Also indicates fuel temp which is useful if you have a big fuel pump system and are sitting idling during staging or in heavy traffic. I also have a fuel cooler fitted with a thermo fan activated at 50C.

oooo Gav is onto E85...

You going to use Sucrogen or Powerplus?

oooo Gav is onto E85...

You going to use Sucrogen or Powerplus?

Have used Powerplus so far. Very happy with the increased response that the extra mid range timing allows. An extra 50 hp top end also doesn't go astray :thumbsup:

I've gat a quick connection fitting betreen the lift pump and the surge tank that allows me to drain the main tank when I swap between BP98 and E85. The main reason I'm fitting the Zeitronix is that I can tell exactly when the replaced fuel has adequately flushed through the entire system before I adjust back to high boost and revs.

Have used Powerplus so far. Very happy with the increased response that the extra mid range timing allows. An extra 50 hp top end also doesn't go astray :thumbsup:

I've gat a quick connection fitting betreen the lift pump and the surge tank that allows me to drain the main tank when I swap between BP98 and E85. The main reason I'm fitting the Zeitronix is that I can tell exactly when the replaced fuel has adequately flushed through the entire system before I adjust back to high boost and revs.

Any reason for Powerplus? I just went Sucrogen because it was cheaper :)

Did yoda tune it? I'm thinking about taking my car down there for a run on the dyno because I know he will love it haha

How much was the Zeitronix unit if I may ask?

Yep - running a Yoda tune.

I picked up a 200L dum of Powerplus at a good price from a fellow who no longer wanted to go through with the E85 conversion on his S15.

Zeitronix kit was around 6 hundy landed.

Caltex corner of Ferntree Gully road and Blackburn road definitely has its Eflex pump fitted.

An up to date list is on this site.

http://e-85.com.au/e85-bowser-locations/e85-victoria/

Victoria

SPRINGVALE, 154-172 Springvale Road

FOOTSCRAY, 62-82 Gordon Street

HILLSIDE, 575 Melton Highway

CAMPBELLFIELD, 1802-1808 Hume Hwy cnr Barrys Rd

MOUNT WAVERLEY, 622-626 Blackburn Road

CLAYTON, 409 Clayton Rd cnr Centre Road

YARRA GLEN-YARRAVIEW MTRS, 66 Bell Street

PRESTON, 349 Plenty Road

MELTON, Cnr Melton Highway & Gisborne Melton Rd

LILYDALE, 346 Main Street

MORNINGTON, 841 Nepean Highway

United, 160 OLD GEELONG RD, HOPPERS CROSSING

Bosch Fueltown, Highett, Melbourne.1150 Nepean Highway, Highett – opposite Southland Shopping

Centre. Ph 03 9553 5171.

New South Wales

MANLY, 86 Pittwater Rd

GOSFORD WEST (EAST BOUND), 69-71 Pacific Highway

TEMPE, 775 Princes Hwy

HEATHCOTE, 1403 Princes Hwy

DRUMMOYNE, 191-195 Lyons Rd

RICHMOND, 98 March St Cnr East Market St

RYDALMERE, 309 Victoria Rd

MOOREBANK, 216 Newbridge Rd

CASULA, 646 Hume Highway

HAMILTON, 59-63 Tudor Street cnr Gordon Avenue

127 VICTORIA RD, ROZELLE

215 KINGHOME ST , NOWRA

251 PRINCESS HWY, ALBION PARK

2 RAWSON RD, SOUTH GRANVILLE

People running E85, what do you do for O2 feedback? Is the narrowband O2 sensor(s) useful at all since stoich is different for E85 where the sensors would be expecting normal pump fuel?

are there any single intank pumps that will flow enough for e85?

i'm not looking at pushing huge power, my GTR is around the 350rwkw mark now on 100octane but i'm wanting to put 1000cc injectors on and run e85 to see if i can get a little more out of the mid range and probably aim for 380rwkw

cheers,

You should pick up 30kw or more just putting e85 in the tank. With more boost and timing, 50 or 60kw is easily possible.

You are looking at twin 044's at that level, I think the nismo/tomei pumps also max out around 350kw on ethanol.