SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

Dave dont forget, you'll need a shifter like mine to use once the extension is fitted, otherwise changing gears wont feel the same

Feel free to come over and try it out, ive already fitted all 3 extensions to mine - it feels great! It used to be 10mm from gear to gear

you will need to re-tune the car. where are you located? i can suggest a tuner with E85 experience

Yeah I figured that it would need a retune. I'm in Brisbane, but I travel down the gold coast to get Matty Spry from PITS to tune my car. Im just curious if its worth swapping over from toluene to ethanol with a 30% mixture.

PJ I bought a new under car surge tank with two outlets and I already have one 044 sitting in my toolbox itching to go in. Im not too sure if i want to go E85 though as its a pain in the arse up here in QLD to get. I can deal with carrying around a 10l jerry with toluene and filling up 20l and putting in 10 to get that 30% mix. Cant do it if i wanted E85.

Hellooo,

I think i'm going to swap over to a twin scroll single, and e85 and before my engines built i will ask for more comp for e85..

at the moment i have 800cc injectors, a tomei rail and 2 x 044 bosch pumps.. looking for around 500kw or there abouts on my built motor.

270degree cams 11.2mm lift pauter rods, mahle pistons, springs etc will be done..

thinking of the 4088r garrett if i can get it fairly responsive.. or keeping my twins or going to gt-rs twins

what size injectors will i be needing? and anything else i will need, what comp ratio should i ask for?

I have been told by a Motul rep that Chrono 300V is not recommended for engines on ethanol or methanol.

Apparently the Ester in the oil reacts with the ethanol and creates a gluey substance. I have seen this in my catch can.

So ive switched to Turbolight 4100.

If anyone running E85 is interested i can get Royal Purple XPR 10w40 (Racing 41) at a good price if i buy in bulk.

They come in cases of 12 quart(950ml) bottles.

Racing 41 oil is formulated to run in engines on Ethanol and Methanol.

Perfect for all us E85 boys and girls :)

Looking at $350 per case plus delivery.

hamish, dude, i'm sure i told you about performancelub.com? he has the XPR - he also told me to try AMSoil, which is also supposedly suited to ethanol/methanol.

XPR i think is a straight Group V oil, so it's tasty stuff indeed... but with Redline price tag though...

Harold does to group buys, i might be keen if there's a bit of interest :D

That is the supplier :D

I reckon we get a group buy going on the XPR oil. Ill be in for a case.

However Harold informed me that the margin on XRP is small so a few cases would have to be bought for there to be a decent discount.

If we can get 5 cases i reckon it would be well worth it.

Just to point out, there is a guy on EBAY selling old stock ACDelco oil filters.

They come in a box of 12 and only $39 Delivered!!!!!!!

I have just snapped a box up, only 3 boxes left.