SAU Community

Epa

Evos33

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a letter in the mail from the EPA, for a full emissions control test. I have a GTR 33 fully built, basically everything modified. I know its going to fail, but does anyone have any advice / ideas on what I could do to help it pass? I was thinking of just changing engines and returning everything to stock. Thanks

Edited by Evos33

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a letter in the mail from the EPA, for a full emissions control test. I have a GTR 33 fully built, basically everything modified. I know its going to fail, but does anyone have any advice / ideas on what I could do to help it pass? I was thinking of just changing engines and returning everything to stock. Thanks

is it emissions as in db emissions (sound level)?

or emissions as in (pollution)

because even if you throw a standard motor in it and the test is for pollution emissions. that wont pass either, the motors are just to aged and wont pass no matter what

if its for sound your ok you'll get it sorted easily.

otherwise cancell your rego and sell the car to your brother or mum or someone then get them to sell it back to you and your car MAY then be defect free? I did that 2years ago and got away with it. laws may differ now

Or last alternative, never fails is take down a wallet full of green coloured notes. that will change any assessors mind.

Edited by JET26R

otherwise cancell your rego and sell the car to your brother or mum or someone then get them to sell it back to you and your car MAY then be defect free? I did that 2years ago and got away with it. laws may differ now

Doesn't work anymore... loop hole closed...

There's a guy on here with a fully modded 33gtst that past emissions, power fc tuned buy himself... he should be able to give you some advice...

Doesn't work anymore... loop hole closed...

There's a guy on here with a fully modded 33gtst that past emissions, power fc tuned buy himself... he should be able to give you some advice...

Im assuming thread started is in Vic (sounds like it by his post)

And if thats right, then Guilt's car has no relevance here because NSW & Vic Testing/Requirements and so on are at totally different ends of the football field when it comes to these things. There is no parity between states

I recently went through this fiasco, And you If you are getting a full test done, you WILL NOT pass with any mods, except. you are allowed 1 Intake mod, i.e Air filter or either Inter cooler only one of the two. An Aftermarket Exhaust is allowed only if you think It will pass Emissions and Noise test. And you are allowed Turbo Timers too. Anything Else = FAIL

fail fail fail fail fail, no chance in hell of passing the emissions test, stock or not stock, youll never get to the level needed.

their might be a chance of passing, it might be your only way as i know somone that has done it,

PM me and ill let you know what it is, but have to keep it on a need to know basis, to many people knowing will close the loop hole.

ive passed a 240rwkw r33 thru a full emissions test in nsw,

engine bay looked totaly stock except for the front mount which didnt affect it

i just had a real good tuner who was able to get the right numbers that i needed to pass the test

I recently went through this fiasco, And you If you are getting a full test done, you WILL NOT pass with any mods, except. you are allowed 1 Intake mod, i.e Air filter or either Inter cooler only one of the two. An Aftermarket Exhaust is allowed only if you think It will pass Emissions and Noise test. And you are allowed Turbo Timers too. Anything Else = FAIL

I Passed With A shit load of Mods was running somewhat 310kws , Turbos , Ecu , fuel pump Filters ETC. It an b Tuned , in sydney HITMAN in penrith can help He tuned my car in 2 Hours and passed it 30 minutes later , but if your in melbourne you need to find a tuner with a gas analiser Machine that can tune you car to pass ....

if you need any more info pm me me or ive got a topic on this and as someone stated before guilt toy on here also tuned his car and passed , He also helped me with mine :O

Edited by MRGTR911

*sigh*

Did you pass in Vic? No.

Gazzilla is spot on the money. The cost alone to pass in Vic is ridiculous. Its a FULL lab test (and not just one test). Its the test all new cars go through before ADR approval.

Not some gas sniffer on a dyno etc etc.

*sigh*

Did you pass in Vic? No.

Gazzilla is spot on the money. The cost alone to pass in Vic is ridiculous. Its a FULL lab test (and not just one test). Its the test all new cars go through before ADR approval.

Not some gas sniffer on a dyno etc etc.

well i done get it over here in sydney its easier your saying ???? so your sasying in melbourne even if you got it tuned it still wont pass???

now we know sydney is definetely better than melbourne :D

jokes

from searching around on a few different car forums everything does have to be stock. i know they give S15s the hardest run out of all imports down in Victoria.