SAU Community

R33 s1 turbo's ball bearing??

Bo0sT_JuNkY

14psi ?? Interesting....

Using the stock turbo and stock ECU im currently at 272rwhp. I'm still quite confident I can get the stock turbo much higher than that (well 285+ rwhp) with probably another $2500-3000 of various minor mods.

Jet..

~200rwkw is pretty much spot on for a RB25DET with a standard turbo running 14psi, aftermarket ecu, fmic & exhaust.

Some RB25DET's are freaks and make ~200rwkw with the above except without the aftermarket ecu.

i.e Bugalugs that also ran a 13.4 1/4 recently.

If I had a RB25DET turbo i'd be running it at 17psi.

You can't really compare the 14psi limit of ceramic turbo's when using a larger turbo on a smaller motor as at 14psi on the smaller motor the shaft speed of the turbo isn't going to be anywhere near as fast as it is on the larger motor. So up the boost so it is :D

Heat also kills ceramic turbo's.

So if you hammer it on a track day be prepared to loose a turbo.

I have noticed a trend with turbo's that are factory fitted.

For example the RB20DET makes 160kw at the flywheel, when boosted to approx 1bar they make 160-170kw at the rear wheels.

Same with the RB25DET's, they make approx 190kw at the flywheel and when boosted they also make around 190-200kw at the rear wheels.

Joel, this discussion will probably lead to the accuracy of the dynos. some dyno show better result than others. my car have all the mods you'v mentioned and it made 165rwkw at 14psi on a particular dyno. 165rwkw and 200rwkw is a huge difference, but in fact they might be generating the same power. you get my point?

yer it seems that all the dyno's down here are very very similiar

i.e a genIII commodore makes 200rwkw with certian mods throw a modded skyline with stock turbo and it makes 200rwkw.. get what i am getting at.