SAU Community

P Platers And The Rules!

wahid2oo8

also those skylines your looking at will get you defected in a second even if your not on p's lol

besides that they look ugly and not well done, the black one has every single stick on body accessory and ugly as shit inside and purely just overdone and nasty...

the white one is ugly aswell but for different reasons, get rid of the shopping list before somene steals the car from you and leaves you stranded somewhere, if i had to choose i'd get the white one....

ultimately id pick something nicer lol, honestly you will get sick of those cars in weeks

my first car was a 1L sierra ute, i couldn't speed. it only went 140km lol, don't get me wrong, in that car it felt SO fast. that's what red plater's need. tiny utes. i learn't how to get it sidewards, fishtails, all that kind of stuff.. only difference is it was a 4x4, so i wasn't going up some street with houses everywhere, i was in the quarry, out of EVERYONES way. it was good too, becuase i only had 1 seat, so i couldn't get a car full and egged on to do burnouts and speed, as teenagers do. i think having this car taught me a lot, and kept me out of a lot of trouble i probably would have been in if i bought some old falcodore. i'm 19 now and a lot maturer then when i first got my red p's. i know i would have done all that stupid shit, i'm an idiot right.. flame me, you're all right. becuase i was restricted by my car, i couldn't do this at all, sure if would have been fun, assuming it all went to plan and i didn't get booked, or kill anyone. maybe even more restrictions need to be put in place, so young people can realise how stupid they were.

or on the other hand they will get off the restrictions, craving to speeed lol, but that's just my expierence.

what if i buy a turbo car, is it possible to remove the turbo? if so how much do you reckon it cost to remove the turbo?

because I really liked that car i uploaded pics of. (the white one)

your better off buying a n/a 1 man

too much worries buying a turbo 1 and taking off the turbo

alot of work and money

i was planing on buying a turbo one and taking the turbo off buy its better just to buy a n/a skyline

even tho the white one is madd

keep serching and u will find a good 1

I'm guessing this is your first car? I would suggest not buying a skyline at all, get a little run around until you get your full license. Skylines are expensive to run and maintain, plus being young you probably wont have a lot of money so buy a cheap car and save save save.

Also do some defensive driving courses, go on some cruises, meet and talk to people who own skylines. Take 3 years to work out exactly what you want and what you wanna do with it. Cause 3 years is not along time and you'd be surprised how much your driving matures in that time.

i dont really think the money issue is anything,,,,, if i have learnt anything lately its that 18-25 year olds have allot more money to spend than the older age groups that are riddled with credit, mortgage repayments and children.......

i recon the best time to buy a skyline is these ages, then as things tighten up and you get a house, the car becomes a track car and you get yourself a little run around car or better yet a company car.....

get whatever car you legally can, just don't kill yourself before you can get a turbo skyline lol

Hey, i was looking into buying a 1995 nissan skyline r33 GTS-T, ive been on the prohibited vehicles list on the RTA and i could only find these...

NISSAN SKYLINE GTS-T R33 2D COUPE 6 2498 cc TURBO Multi 4A 1993 TURBO 6

NISSAN SKYLINE GTS-T R33 2D COUPE 6 2498 cc TURBO Multi 5M 1993 TURBO 6

NISSAN SKYLINE GTS-T R33 4D SEDAN 6 2498 cc TURBO Multi 4A 1993 TURBO 6

NISSAN SKYLINE GTS-T R33 4D SEDAN 6 2498 cc TURBO Multi 5M 1993 TURBO 6

I'm not completely sure...i'll be on my green P's in a couple of days and was wondering if this is prohibited or not because i think ive found one without a turbo...but then again ive been wrong before and it could have a turbo...thanks.

Just one thing to all the Turbo skyline drivers, how would you feel if you were getting your p's in this day and age, and having people make jokes about not being aloud to drive turbo, its basically your inconsiderate generation being idiots ruining it for us :P. (I meant this thread in a peaceful way too :D)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didnt see anyone making jokes. Only thing I saw was buy it and let mum drive it for 3 years. Wasnt really a joke!

And how have we ruined it for you?

Anyhoo - for the original thread starter....

Just get a non turbo r33/r34 - they have the same fun chassie which is great as they can handle pretty well for a stock car. They are alot cheaper these days. If you decide to put brakes and suspension mods on it, guess what - you can swap them over to the turbo model WHEN you can buy it :) crawl, walk, run - isnt that how we learn?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didnt see anyone making jokes. Only thing I saw was buy it and let mum drive it for 3 years. Wasnt really a joke!

And how have we ruined it for you?

Anyhoo - for the original thread starter....

Just get a non turbo r33/r34 - they have the same fun chassie which is great as they can handle pretty well for a stock car. They are alot cheaper these days. If you decide to put brakes and suspension mods on it, guess what - you can swap them over to the turbo model WHEN you can buy it :banana: crawl, walk, run - isnt that how we learn?

Agreed..

The rules are there for a reason. All you kiddies with the restrictions are just going to have to deal with it. Lifes tough ain't it.

just save ur money and get something to get u from a to b. not everyone on this forum has a sports car.

VS utes for the win!!!!

I actually drove my 32 to work today. It's so much effort having that clutch and traffic to put up with :)