Crying & Bloody Angry

GD2ILA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) I was stopped at a stop sign, was over the line by about 30-40cm. Truck chopped my front of, front bar shattered and intercooler was about 10m down the road. Cops came and even asked the truck driver why he didn't avoided me (he said he didn't see me, which was utter BS). in the end everyone says it's my fault because i was over the line.

pics shortly.

cops say it's the law, i put my claim in today my insurance say it's my fault. bloody excess hurts $2500.00. and i only just got it back from racepace 2 weeks ago (i spent a lot of dosh to get my 100000km service and dynotuned).

Shit happened!

My old gtr got hit in the BACK by an old man on King st Glenwaverly at at least 70-80kph. Those has been to the Glen should know what's the average speed there.

Anyway, cops rock up, said its my fault, gave me a fine and they were going to give me a defect because my car was out of shape but lucky they had a call on their CB so they jet off.

That old man never contact me again. I didn't want to push my luck any further because the COP stated that is my fault on the infrigment so there were more chance of me loosing if i was to take the matter to court. I copped a big repair bill and lucky Master Panel Beater Dirty Whore YLWGTR II did a great job on it :).

clearly the truckie could have avoided it - 30 - 40 cm over the line is not that much - sounds like he drove into the car cos his view is that he is in the right........

clearly the truckie could have avoided it - 30 - 40 cm over the line is not that much - sounds like he drove into the car cos his view is that he is in the right........

You fail at law.

You fail at law.

I think this guy has a point.

What difference does it matter if he is over 1 cm or 1 km? He is over the line and it is not the truck drivers responsibility to adjust for him. It's all nice and friendly to make swerves to avoid someone who has made a mistake but not when you could quite possibly cause and accident in the process. The guy is driving a truck remember not a mini minor.

how much of the car did he hit? more than 30-40cm changes things doesnt it... because that means the truck was driving on/over a stop line...

also, why cant it be argued that the stop line is in a highly dangerous location, where 30cm is the difference between safety and being wiped out by a truck...

technically we all know youre at fault, but why is the truck that close to a stop line? and unable to see you? sounds like a very dangerous stop line and/or moronic truck driver to me.

i hate to doubt your story, but if i was telling this story "30-40cm" would actually mean i was a metre or so over the line!

you should have got out and rolled your car back a metre lol