SAU Community

Few Q's For 5 Stud Convo

toffy

hi guys , im just curious about what lengths you made your brake lines when you converted to 5 stud? , and what did you do with the h/brake cables? and is there anything else i may get stuck with? (r33 brakes onto cefiro, will (hopefully soon) have s14 hubs for the front) . cheers

hey Toff, the rear should already be a drum set up, so you should have to only use the hub set up off a 32, the disc and caliper, the drum size between the two (r32 and ceff) is exactly the same. thats all i did with mine, and will do with the laurel

hey nick :P , i've got all r33 stuff (from that r33 i bought off justin) , r33 rears are the same as r32 im pretty sure (might be slightly bigger?) , its mainly the front im worried about , i was told the way they bolt up are different (and the lines are slightly too short) and i'd need custom brake lines made up . i'm trying to get all the parts together before i start because its much nicer when you can just unbolt>bolt up . next is the rb25 :P , you got the lorrie up and running yet?

Yeh the front brake lines may need lengthening, i've got s14 lines on the ceff an 32 ones on the laurel and on full lock they are really just a bit tight, you could look at the braided ones cablemate make, about a hundred per line i think but if you asked for like s13 line an inch or so bigger it would work, thats with out really looking at a 33 set up.

nah the laurel is no where near, i've sprayed the engine bay and painted the interior, now just got all the column and pedals back in so will do the wiring and dash tomorrow, and hopefully start pulling the motor down for new rings and bearings

For the rear, use your cefiro handbrake cables.

For the front get S14 lines but longer. S14 lines have the same end connection as R32 and R33 calipers. S13 lines have the banjo bolt thing which you aren't supposed to use with the 4 pot calipers.