SAU Community

What Is With The Windscreens Cracking

Duncan

It happened to the donut king car at tassie challenge, and I understand its not the only car that has had the problem, or boot floors cracking?

is it true that the body was strengthened between the original and current models?

pretty poor form there considering the amount of testing that should go into a car like this?

When I was a mechanic, we had similar problems with the Lotus Turbos when they first came to Oz.

It is because the bodies are so rigid and our roads are so crap. There is not enough flex int he body, so the next softest thing is glass.

its the shock that the glass experiences, not the bending or flexing...... you can lean against a glass window without anything happening, the glass will concave a little..... have you lightly tapped a spark plug against a sheet of glass????? the shock from the spark plug shatters a massive piece of glass asif it was about to fall apart by itself......

how do you recon those kids break bus shelter glass without a brick or a rock?????

hahahah that would be true beer B but apparently the gears have to hold up to the challenge to make the glass crack...... in the end the same component factory that is making the gear box on the gtr is obviously making the front wind screen lol

have you lightly tapped a spark plug against a sheet of glass????? the shock from the spark plug shatters a massive piece of glass asif it was about to fall apart by itself......

horseshit

horseshit

yep, someone doesn't understand, tempering, tension and compression, let alone the difference between a laminated w-screen and a toughened sheet of glass. either way it's horseshit.

Edited by madbung

sorry for stealing thread but since its kinda on topic my 34GT has a cracked windscreen from no obvious reason. no accident, no rock or dents. Only thing i can think of is that my current coilovers are shockingly bouncy ( 19's with low profile and bounce isnt a good combo lol). Can anyone confirm that that would most likely be the reason why my windscreen would crack? if so i cant fix the windscreen without fixing springs...