SAU Community

My Boost Cuts Off At 5k Rpm?

hi guys,

i purchased my r34 GTT 2 weeks ago and yea i thought it was going great but yesterday i visited a mate that has good knowledge about cars and he test drove it told me that my boost cuts of at 5k rpm to redline.... i felt it too when i was driving it and i thought its suppose to be like that be he recons that it should be non stop till it hit the end.. why doez it cut off any ideas?

and another thing i should have asked this question a long time ago but yea didnt bother lol. my car got a electronic valve controller what doez it do and how to i set it?

tnx guys,.

First thing you should do before looking into elctrics is check the piping and connections for any leakage.

I had picked up my car from the chop shop (different story for another day) and on the way home the car was doing the same thing as yours i.e. losing boost ~4500rpm+.

I got home and checked the piping to find one of the connections under the airbox wasn't tightened properly. I adjusted it and fixed the problem.

So that's what I think your problem is. A fix that costs nothing except for a bit of time and effort. :banana:

update:

too it to my local "I-S motor racing" and yea the guy said that change my plugs and coils

the HKS turbo timer in the car is ancient he said they would have a clue how to do it or check.. so yea luckily i have 5 years platinum warranty on the car so yea ill take it to the mechs to get it fix..

im still hoping for the best hahaha

PS any1 selling a Turbo timer and boost controller?? im keen.. and any1 can help me fit them will have a case of beer in their fridge

cheers!!

you dont NEED a turbo timer, they are only for if you thrash your car then get out of it but want to leave it running for a bit to cool down

are you in brisbane?

will fit boost controllers for beer!

i could also take a look at your boost cut issue...

Edited by gfunkk

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem in my old r33 it was runnin a haltech e11v2 tuned to run 12psi low and 23psi high but wasnt goin past 10 i checked all my pipe work and plugs and they were ok. I took it to the mechanic twice and he cldnt get the software to work on his laptop so i just ended up selling it now its someone elses problem :P