SAU Community

R33 Sidepipes (exhaust)

r33rckt

The orig poster is from Vic.

The Vic ruling is from Vehicle Standards Information - (VSI) #8

- The Exhaust outlet must not extend at least 40mm beyond the furthermost outboard or rearmost joint of the floorpan which is not continuously welded or permanently sealed. The outlet must not protrude beyond the perimeter of the vehicle when viewed in plan.

- If to the side of the vehicle, the outlet must discharge downwards at an angle to the horizontal of not less than 15 degrees nor more than 45 degrees and to the rear of any adjustable window or vent. If the vehicle is manufactured after 1988, the discharge must be on the right hand side of the vehicle.

hi again i am from vic and my car height is currently standard height

i do not plan on lowering the car but using a big body kit to make the car look lower than it is.

i will take a notch out of the side skirt wich will be a bit lower than the chassis

im quite handy at glassing and will be looking at modifiying the explosive side skirts that i have in my garage

again thanks for all your replies guys looks promising at this stage

Edited by r33rckt

following that the exhaust will have to exit on the right hand side of the car have you though about how you will route the exhaust?

keep in mind your turbo is on the left hand side of the car...

for street use its pretty pointless as it will reduce your ground clearance (to possibly illegal heights) and draw unwanted attention from the boys in blue.

also IMO cars with bodykits not lowered look just plain ridiculous

Edited by Phobic