SAU Community

R34 Gtr

Are there many more differences in comparrison between the v spec and v spec 2? Iron chef ill be looking out for your R on the roads in Adelaide, looks mad. Ill be in my recently imported V spec 2!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there many more differences in comparrison between the v spec and v spec 2? Iron chef ill be looking out for your R on the roads in Adelaide, looks mad. Ill be in my recently imported V spec 2!

V-Spec - Lower ride height, firmer suspension, front and rear air defusers under the car to allow the air to flow smoothly under the car.

V-Spec II - Same as above with even more firmer suspension, larger disk brakes for the rear and carbon fibre bonnet with NACA duct to feed air to the engine bay.

Also different on the V-Spec II was an iridium center console and aluminium pedals. The seats were also made with black cloth rather than the gray cloth used on previous R34 GT-R models, and the amber turn lenses were replaced with white versions.

V-Spec - Lower ride height, firmer suspension, front and rear air defusers under the car to allow the air to flow smoothly under the car.

V-Spec II - Same as above with even more firmer suspension, larger disk brakes for the rear and carbon fibre bonnet with NACA duct to feed air to the engine bay.

Also different on the V-Spec II was an iridium center console and aluminium pedals. The seats were also made with black cloth rather than the gray cloth used on previous R34 GT-R models, and the amber turn lenses were replaced with white versions.

+1 on the black interior; so much better than grey

oh also 2 extra sensors on the MFD: exhaust and air temps

+ active lsd's and a little sticker on the back

+1 V Spec II. See my gallery for a few pics. :)

I would have got an M-Spec Nur, if I could (in Millenium Jade!) I would have liked a Midnight Purple one, as well, but Bayside Blue is pretty awesome!! I was going to have this one re-trimmed in leather, but spent money on other things instead- :banana: (Do Luck side skirts and carbon rear wing stays, Nismo rear quarter pods, carbon rear wing flap, a few engine bolt on goodies, Enkeis, etc.)

There are at least two other R34 GTR V Spec IIs in Perth that I know of and one M Spec Nur (Marcus R34).

I still look back at mine when I leave it in the car park .... ....

Cheers. :)

Edited by MLCrisis

MP I came out only on the 33 GTR models

MP II was released Jan 1999 as a limited run of 300 the same month 34 GTR's were first introduced

MP III was released Jan 2000 as a limited run of apparantly 187 this colour was not available on the 2nd series GTR's v-spec II etc as the second series was not introduced until oct 2000 all MP II and III were based on first series 34 GTR's

Unless he's changed the bonnet, this looks like a V-Spec II in MP III

l_5cbfbf62ad03a092b43472d08bb871b2.jpg

Also out of all the auctions i've seen, I have never come across a 1999 MP II. All of them have been in 2000, including mine.

And another thing, isnt this a MP I?

pic0000.jpg

Is it Bayside Blue? I was sitting behind an unregistered one at a car wash last Friday night.

Id have to say quite possibly, being that there arent that many v spec 2's and highly unlikely for there to be another unregistered! What were you in, if it was another import i would remember.

Unless he's changed the bonnet, this looks like a V-Spec II in MP III

l_5cbfbf62ad03a092b43472d08bb871b2.jpg

Also out of all the auctions i've seen, I have never come across a 1999 MP II. All of them have been in 2000, including mine.

And another thing, isnt this a MP I?

pic0000.jpg

the v-spec II with the z tune fenders is not a nissan colour it has been resprayed the second photo looks like MPIIpost-277-1225742770_thumb.jpg this is MPII

post-277-1225742956_thumb.jpgthis is MPIII

post-277-1225743091_thumb.jpgand this is MPI on the 33 GTR's

post up a pic of your car if it is one of the MP colours and a 2000 model it would be MPIII and have a look at the colour code on the build plate

Edited by gtr13

I came through just behind you. I live around the corner from there.

Will have to keep an eye out and say hi next time i see you, im from around that area also. So do you drive your R much, would love to see it.