SAU Community

32 Gtr, Gab Suspension.. How To Adjust? Pics

K so i have GAB (Gabriel?) suspension on my r32 gtr and i am wondering how to adjust it.. It's just adjustable tension i'm guessing, not ride height.. The car looks like it's sitting standard ride height but the front barely bounces when i put weight on it, the back moves a bit more but not much, seems to be alot tighter than what i assume is standard. So i've uploaded a pic of what the adjusters look like.. i'm not sure if the ones on the nuts at the front work as they seem to spin really easily? Front don't seem to have an adjuster on the actual unit whereas back do.. There are settings between 1 and 8 on back nob, it was on 2, i reset to 5 noticed no real difference

any suggestions?

Thanks

post-26886-1223648228_thumb.jpg

Edited by GTAAAH

• 3 months later...

GAB suspension is aftermarket. I had similar suspension on my R32 GTS-T. The knob on the rear struts and the twist knob on the top of the fronts adjust the dampening of the shocks. Adjusting it will have no impact on how "hard" the car will feel, it simply adjusts the rate at which the dampers control the oscillating spring. It does that by restricting the flow rate of the oil from reservoir to reservoir as the strut moves up and down. Essentially it restricts the rate at which the spring can move over a certain distance.

You can lower the car further by backing off the "C" nut on the struts but often it will sometimes actually taken preload off the spring (meaning that the spring will flop around when the car is jacked up. So most only height adjustable suspension have "helper springs" in them so that you can further lower the car without the spring becoming loose. Although I've found its not really a problem if the spring is loose in the strut anyway. It takes up the preload of the spring once the car is on the ground again.

Hope that helps