SAU Community

R34 Intercooler Oil Leak!

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me with this one. ive got oil leaking through my intercooler which is also going through my intake manifold there doesnt seem to be any close to the turbo side ive got a high mount manifold FMIC Garrett turbo and external waste gate which this problem just happend after i installed the waste gate yesterday. does anyone know what this could be?? thanks

clean off as much as you can then go for a drive

if it comes back then you have an issue - it might have been a once off

if it keeps coming back its usually the turbo oil seal that gets shagged

clean off as much as you can then go for a drive

if it comes back then you have an issue - it might have been a once off

if it keeps coming back its usually the turbo oil seal that gets shagged

Hey thanks for that i cleaned it out and just did the same thing, thats really strange the turbo is two weeks old, but thats the only thing i got think of to. Thanks

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me with this one. ive got oil leaking through my intercooler which is also going through my intake manifold there doesnt seem to be any close to the turbo side ive got a high mount manifold FMIC Garrett turbo and external waste gate which this problem just happend after i installed the waste gate yesterday. does anyone know what this could be?? thanks

err holy shit man... if you have oil in your cooler, like a decent amount it means one of your turbo seals is about to go...

its weird that there is none "near the turbo side" there is only 3 places the oil can enter

1. from the rocker blow by hose into the intake manifold

2. from the other rocker blow by hose into the turbo intake elbow/pod

3. from your turbo seals all through your i/c piping/ if its the rear seal it will go into your exhaust and you'll blow black smoke

so yeah do a bigger inspection, clean it up and try to narrow down where the source is, but its unlikley that you will have such a large amount of blowby on a fairly new engine...