SAU Community

Top Gear Australia

mralbino

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to turn it off after 5 mins, felt it was so pathetic trying to make it like UK topgear and trying to be as funny.

It has to be the worst program on aussie tv atm. Change the presenters and the attitude and i might watch it.

EDIT:

The SLK black is very nice.. though i think i would prefer a C63 AMG.

I hear what mralbino is saying about forgetting the rest of us, i want an over opinionated unbiased view of which car they think is better and not just two guys sitting on the fence trying to be everyones friend. Its just an opinion after all.

The sooner they start doing so the better. The show will be better for it, and each time i watch it i wont walk away like i watched an hour of car infomercials. :P

i rekcon they should have got some presenters that people actually know or have heard of before? coz i reckon these guys cant drive for shit from there pansy reviews. atleast if they had a credible driver type like say jim richards or some ex aussie racer in the show it would give it more crediblilty i reckon.

agree with that. But clarkson, may n hammond aren't incredible drivers but they are great journalists. Clarkson has been writing car reviews for 20+ years. It has taken a long time for top gear uk to get to where it is so we can't expect top gear australia to be perfect straight away but I can't see any excuses for it being this bad..

agree with that. But clarkson, may n hammond aren't incredible drivers but they are great journalists. Clarkson has been writing car reviews for 20+ years. It has taken a long time for top gear uk to get to where it is so we can't expect top gear australia to be perfect straight away but I can't see any excuses for it being this bad..

very true, i have said before if u look back at the first season of uk top gear back in 2002 when this newer format was started it wasnt that great either, but it has evolved into a great show now. hopefully they will get better at there camera shots and the likes and i think that is what makes the UK show look alot better when they are driving is the shots they use, makes it look fast paced and when they are testing and clarkson reports with such passion and enthusiasm, that sort of makes the show i think.

but i think they need to finda new test track, that one makes it kinda looks like they are in a coles carpark with a few witches hats set out. not really exciting at all.

That Charlie Cokcs is a Tool.

The moustache bloke is a try-hard Tool. (not sure what is worse really)

The young bloke seems to have some potential.

As for the camera work... omg... disgraceful arty-farty ghey crap.

I agree with the comments above; they are fence-sitters. Too scared to upset any local car names.

Will I watch it again? prolly yes (just).

Will I watch the UK series again and again and again and again and........... ABSAFREAKINLUTELY !

apart from the averageness of the reviews I think SBS has done a great job to bring you high brow people a good show. It was a massive gamble and would have taken thousands of man hours of meeting and programing and SBing.

Its light hearted, I understand the references, anyone who doesn't enjoy paddock bashing with their mates is un-Australian. They'll never beat UKtopger for all the obvious reasons.

and the review for the black, for 300Gs if its not farkin awesome i'd rather buy a house and walk to work.

not a fan of the aussie show.

just didn't hold my interest.

watched for ten minutes then decided to go and get some dvds instead

as luck would have it, the blockbuster i went to had uk top gear showing on its tvs.

had clarckson, in a bmw, with spikes on its wheels, trying to chase the stig in a fiat

now that's quality

anyone who doesn't enjoy paddock bashing with their mates is un-Australian.

ROFL

I haven't done that since the mid nineties....... Couldn't really imagine myself ever doing it again. (I must be un-Australian)

Although i do have a few mates with commonwhores who rave about it............I guess its a Holden thing?

Yeah i think TG Australia is an epic FAIL. It's like immitation Coke, LA cola or the like, trying hard to be the same but a crappy fake. They should have changed the formula, personalised it to Aussie tastes, they try to be exactly like U.K TG but you can't.

Get a different race car driver each week like Lowndes, Skaife, even Grant Denyer ( once healed) to dress as the Stig, race the shit out of the weekly fast car ( FPV, HSV, Ferrari, Lambo, whatever) then after the show reveal who it was etc....Try cool new things , don't carbon copy it! Be creative, TG can be cool here too.

Until then i'd rather watch granny change her colostomy bag!

Until then i'd rather watch granny change her colostomy bag!

:wave: .... different strokes for different blokes i guess!

Apart from that i totally agree though!

Oh and the paddok bashing was awesome! Made me miss the farm..... then i saw the whether report in the ad break.

I agree, they should try to be unique not copy whats been done and works. Just because our pommy mates can pull it off does'nt mean we should try to follow suit.

Of course some things must stay (the stig) but as for the way they act...