SAU Community

Dewinging The 34

1R34SON

Wana take off my factory wing for a different look i want. Ive read this can be a pain to do urself. Is there anyone that can help me out to get this done? What are your thoughts on blocking up the remaining holes? what sort of cost am i looking at to get this done? Any help will be great!

P.S im in W.A. Cheers everyone.

Julz.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking off the wing is the easy part, just remove the trim covering the boot lid and there's two screw holes on both sides, 4 bolts all up.

loosen the nuts and washer while being careful not to let them drop into the lid itself as the boot lid is made of two layers. Might be an idea to have somebody hold the wing in place as you loosen up the bolts.

Filling the holes need to be done professionally to look right which is the exxy/pain in the @ss part. You could tape it up or put rubber grommets but it will look ghetto.

Edited by Yo-Yo

you can get charge three arms and a leg with this kinda thing...

the problem is that being a flat panel when they weld the holes back up if they put too much heat into the panel it warps and shit's itself and then they owe you a new boot lid...your best bet is to drive around to the panel shops, and quote it, don't go to the ones that look to dodgy coz some will take you for everything as will some of the better places...just get some quotes:)

I prefer the R34 with a spoiler, but if you were to take it off, its just a matter of patching up the holes.

You can use the grommets but make sure they are seal so no water gets in.

Or just take you boot lid off to the panel beater to patch it all up.

BTW you got just the standard R34 wing not that ugly looking shopping trolly factory option wing that also sits on your rear panels?

I prefer the R34 with a spoiler, but if you were to take it off, its just a matter of patching up the holes.

You can use the grommets but make sure they are seal so no water gets in.

Or just take you boot lid off to the panel beater to patch it all up.

BTW you got just the standard R34 wing not that ugly looking shopping trolly factory option wing that also sits on your rear panels?

I like both with the spoiler and without but if anything i like the 34gtr wing the most, id like to put the one later down the track so maybe gromments might be ok, no harm in trying i guess.

Yes its the standard wing, if it was that factory option one id get the biggest factory optioned chisel from bunnings and smack it off. lol

Cheers pattsy when my kit goes on maybe a 34gtr spoiler will be more suited.. baah well see..

Thanks all!

Cheers Pat, will let u know

Yoyo i remember ur pics from a while ago, yeh i like it a lot. only problem is cos the car is N/A at the moment i feel that putting my kit and new wing on will be a bit gay, thats my opinion anyway, yeh it will look nice but personally ill feel like im tryin to be somethin im not. so im thinkin until i save for new motor a sleek low look will be more suited.. what do you think?

Cheez i like that idea of having the 2 boots cos i change my mind all the time and would be awesome to change whenever. nice one. have you done this before?

Cheers guys!

Yeah, go GTR spoiler,

here's my old one if you need any more convincing...

post-29425-1223974304_thumb.jpg

that rear bumper looks pretty cool .. which one is that ?? I need a new kit for my car, sick of the stockie look ...Also does anyone know how much a r34 gtr wing goes for and where to find one? Is the visibility better worse or the same compared to the standard gtt wing? So many questions i know..

Edited by Delta Force

I like both with the spoiler and without but if anything i like the 34gtr wing the most, id like to put the one later down the track so maybe gromments might be ok, no harm in trying i guess.

Yes its the standard wing, if it was that factory option one id get the biggest factory optioned chisel from bunnings and smack it off. lol

Cheers pattsy when my kit goes on maybe a 34gtr spoiler will be more suited.. baah well see..

Thanks all!

Yeah LOL!

Go the grommets then when the time comes to put on the GTR wing, the holes will be there to put the spoiler back in place.

Cheers Pat, will let u know

Yoyo i remember ur pics from a while ago, yeh i like it a lot. only problem is cos the car is N/A at the moment i feel that putting my kit and new wing on will be a bit gay, thats my opinion anyway, yeh it will look nice but personally ill feel like im tryin to be somethin im not. so im thinkin until i save for new motor a sleek low look will be more suited.. what do you think?

Cheez i like that idea of having the 2 boots cos i change my mind all the time and would be awesome to change whenever. nice one. have you done this before?

Cheers guys!

N/A?

My advise changes, do not spend a cent on your n/a. Sell if for a car with some power then think about making look good to match.

Looks + no power = fail

I wasted money on a magna n/a, although it was much quicker then an n/a skyline i regret i now.

yes dont worry i know, live and learn i guess. I am seriously thinkin of just throwin a new motor in as soon as i can or sellin for gtt. either way i want a gtt lol. reason for new motor is that i simply like my car and the colour it looks nice in summer.

Yeah it is a nice looking car, there is alot you would need to change though.

Engine, drivetrain, transmission, brakes. It adds up and is not cost effective.

Best just to get another one.

Ask your self what is more important to you.

Yeah it is a nice looking car, there is alot you would need to change though.

Engine, drivetrain, transmission, brakes. It adds up and is not cost effective.

Best just to get another one.

Ask your self what is more important to you.

+1

Yeah true, when I had my Lancer GLi, I was gonna put a monster Tacho in it... Then I thought, WTF, it does nothing performance wise. So I never did it.

As for the engine conversion, your right.

You best of sell the N/A and buy a GTT.

what will be your budget.

Are you only interested in the 34.

You could buy a nice 33gtr about the same for a 34gtt if your open to others.

Just remember importing is not an option at the moment unless your loaded. So waiting for that special car at the right price can take alot of time. Importing takes ages anyway.