SAU Community

Moving To Adelaide - Questions..

B-Man

Hi,

I did this for both our cars a couple of years ago when I moved to Adelaide, silly me really as it was much cheaper to leave them registered in WA. I digress! All I needed was the rego papers from WA, went in and changed them over to SA....the cars didn't need to be inspected at all.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not 100% sure, but I believe if you owned and registered the car (in your own name) interstate and move here there is no need for an inspection, just visit a motor reg office and pay for SA plates and Rego sticker.

check out http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...icles/index.asp and give an office a call to confirm the prices (may be cheaper to stay with NSW rego, but RWC will be a problem unless you go back for a holiday).

Unless you hold a current interstate registration certificate in exactly the same name as the intended South Australian registration, the vehicle must undergo an identity inspection to confirm the correct identity of the vehicle. The vehicle can be inspected at the following inspection stations upon payment of the correct fee .

and

If you live within a 40 kilometre radius of the Adelaide GPO , the vehicle must be inspected by the:

Vehicle Identity Assessment Station

7 Naweena Road , Regency Park 5010

Open: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

No appointment is necessary.

If you live more than 40 kilometres from the Adelaide GPO , you may have the vehicle inspected at

* your local police station.

Please contact the police station to arrange an appointment.

or

* Vehicle Identity Assessment Station

7 Naweena Road

Regency Park 5010

Open: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

No appointment is necessary.

I read this topic several times and havent found anything that would indicate that krispy kreme is in adelaide...

IGA North Terrace... i've ordered from them several times now. :)

They said that? lol Maybe they're not suppose to be selling them and are playing it safe.

Anyhow.. the idea is to go in put an order down.. (they need orders in by thursday), and the arrive on monday for you to pickup.

how about some pics of this S12 :(:) some of the others might want pics of you eating krispy kremes :D

OK - You asked for it - 56K beware !

Car when I got it

S12.jpg

s12-1.jpg

PICT0548.JPG

9.jpg

8.jpg

Hasn't been on Dyno yet - just finishing it off now.

Which is why I don't really want to sell it and get something else if/when we move - It's been in the workshop for ages and I haven't enjoyed it yet ! Plus, I have spent heaps on it - Well not heaps - but I won't get it all back if I sell it.

Yes - sure am. Got to get it back from all the mechanical first. As you can see it's muti-coloured blue/silver.

The plan was that I was going to spray it myself with the help from a mate who knows what he is doing.

But if I come to Adelaide, the girlies cuz is a spray painter - COOL !

Hasn't been on Dyno yet - just finishing it off now.

Which is why I don't really want to sell it and get something else if/when we move - It's been in the workshop for ages and I haven't enjoyed it yet ! Plus, I have spent heaps on it - Well not heaps - but I won't get it all back if I sell it.

thats bloody sexy

only thing i'd add is our city seems to have a disproportionate amount of scumbag car thieves... make sure u get a place with a lock up garage, have an immob + alarm, club lock, and a sensor light/german shepherd wouldnt hurt either.

You think I'm joking. I'm not. :)

-D