SAU Community

Skylines Engine!

Right, i recently bought my nissan skyline r34 gt and i wanna know how much k-watt the engine produces. I've got a Neo 6 2.5 litre engine i think thats a RB25 or something? i am not 100% about how the engines works so forgive my stupidity. But could someone please help me out with this?

Edited by nizmo da gizmo

Short answer.. About 100kw at the rear wheels

You have an RB25DE

"RB" is the engine name - I have read it stants for "Race Breed" or something of the sorts

"25" is its displacement (How many Leters it has) - 2.5L

"D" stands for double over head cam

"E" is for electronic fuel injection.

Google, Wikipedia does have alot of information (i know its a shitty refrence)

Short answer.. About 100kw at the rear wheels

You have an RB25DE

"RB" is the engine name - I have read it stants for "Race Breed" or something of the sorts

"25" is its displacement (How many Leters it has) - 2.5L

"D" stands for double over head cam

"E" is for electronic fuel injection.

Google, Wikipedia does have alot of information (i know its a shitty refrence)

*slaps forehead*

it doesn't. it is just a letter designation.

also the DET stuff only really works on nissans. most other companies use different letters, although some will be the same.

I've heard as low as 90RwKw I have same model 2 door 25GT 2.5L RB25DE. If you manage to navigate around and find the N/A thread people have posted results before as i got told to go there. the range for RB25DE's go normally from 100Rw up to 115RwKw, some have qouted even 120Rw. As for engine output as you requested i think it is something like 145-152Kw (flywheel rated/engine)

Im guessing your RB25DE is stock as a rock. But if your next question is to get that extra 10-15-20Rw, it would be to replace exhaust with 2.5". Replace extractors, then fuel pump, power FC etc to fine tune...probably not worth it.

As for true readings on the power its probably around 110 as that is the most frequent reports of 34 2.5L that i know of. Hope this helps.