SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Stripe Removal How!?

FIRTY2

gday guys,

ive got an 1989 gts-t with the grey stripe kit all around it and i wanna take them off without forcing my hand to get the new paint job yet

has anyone tried or suceeded in doing this if so what did you use?

start by lifting an edge, remove the stripe by pulling it back on itself, go slow be careful or you may get chips of paint coming off with the stripe, you can try heating it a little whilst removing to help release the glue, after its removed give it a polish where the decal was. I've done it a few times usually very good success, a hairdryer for heating works well...

yeh that's how we did it when i was a spray painter only problem is its very brittle and you cant get very good continous pulls, i can put the time and effort into doing it that way with the heat but i was wondering if anyone had used and liquid products to aid them

There is a tool called an eraser wheel that you can buy, it attaches to a drill and helps get off vinyl that has been stuck on for long periods of time and has become brittle, it removes the vinyl without damaging the paint, and as said above, polishing up afterwards, or just a scrub with some metho should clear up any left over glue

so i got stuck into the stickers yesterday...heat and perserverance is all i could come up with being the stickers are so brittle it takes forever and as soon as you start getting a good run with taking the sticker off it breaks lol but owell ill get there and it will all be worth it in the end

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Weird the Gktech one doesn't have the 3 holes and is only a 5min install if you have the standard front bar.
    • Honestly, as someone on the standard PS4 controller, should be relatively easy to get gold. Remember you have more grip than you think.
    • Fitted some Advan AD09s to try next. Likely slower than the CR-S but should work in the wet and last longer.   Off for alignment and the new plates worked a treat! I was finally able to hit both my drift and grip alignment targets with the same setup! Grip Front: Toe total -2mm(1mm out each side) Caster +7° Camber -3.8° Ackerman +15° Rear: Total toe +3mm (1.5mm in each side) Camber -1.5° —————————————- Drift as above but drop the front sway bar and change the below. Front: Toe total -10mm(5mm out each side) Ackerman +5°  
    • @Duncan can you put the Link in, and measure all the power input voltages with a multimeter. Specifically looking for one that is low.   Then put the other ECU in that it runs on, and measure those voltages again with a multimeter?   If all of your voltages read normal on both ECUs, but the link is still reading low internally, your issue IS the LINK. If the voltages drop low on the multimeter while the Link is plugged in, but not other ECU, then the issue COULD be wiring in the car, or it COULD be the ECU. To rule out wiring, work out how with an ECU removed, you can trigger all the necessary relays, and then measure resistance from the pin that is reading low at the ECU, to the batteries positive power.   I have a sneaking suspicion your issue is the link, it's not reading the voltage properly, possibly a dry joint, or a Cap dieing, and because voltage is low, it's likely attempting to compensate on fuelling and the engine won't run.
    • Hi there, Does anyone here have the carbonetics slam panel installed on their R34 GTT? Or used to have one and got some pics of how it sat? https://carbonetics.net/products/1999-2002-nissan-skyline-r34-gtt-cooling-slam-panel?srsltid=AfmBOoo6Uz0nuxGI3qC0sn56KJI6PMgh0OvV-pbegsPDHTtTxz4IMljc I’m just trying to get an idea of how they sit once installed but these guys have no pics.  biggest question I’m trying to figure out is what the hell the 3 holes at the front of the panel are 😂 and where they bolt    Thanks in advance