SAU Community

Coolant Leak - Hoses?

Maverick DZ

Ok, so I have a coolant leak from what appears to be the coolant lines to the turbo. I have taken the larger coolant hoses out from behind the engine to access the situation and from a distance appears to be a split hose (I hope.) The drama is trying to get to the other end of the hose (under the inlet) on the lines so i can get to the clamp so I can remove! I have got it up on ramps but cant see jack because of the gear box. Has anyone had the same problem and does the engine or at least inlet have to come off?

yeah had that prob, its either a heater hose from eng to flywheel, the water cooling copper line corroded and a pin prick hole or the 3/8" line from back of the head to the copper turbo water line, hahahhaaaa im a mechanic an let me tell u its f*ked to replace any of those hoses hahhaaaa :laugh: feel sorry for ya

I split one of those heater hoses that runs behind the engine (next to firewall) on the dyno and it nearly ended in tears. Had to go pick it up and limp it back to the workshop running rich as hell, was a prick to fix too :)

I should of stated its a 32 GTR. I knew it wasn't gonna be a pleasant job. So removing the hose means getting under the car to get the clamp off the hose near the head? Im dreading the process! Thanks for any advice.

I made my mechanic mate do it as he has little hands but I think it would be infinitely harder with a 26 plenum in the way.. that's if it's even the place I'm thinking of :wacko:

Well expect a bill of close to $1000 to change the hose that's worth sfa... This happened in my 33R mid last year.

Might have had something to do with the notoriously high-priced workshop you took it to aswell Mr Poon :blink:

its not a quick job let me tell u!

and ur arm looks raped by an oranatang by the end of it (grazes)

^ Haha... yeah it's been sitting for a couple of months now with this pissy little problem that's turned into a nightmare! Thought you might have to get ya arm up and around there then go in blinded. Might have to take ya up on that offer to BOOOSTN, give ya a buzz when I get time.