SAU Community

R33 Transmission Conversion?

zydek

Hello all,

I have a r33 gts-t auto, and would like to have coverted to a manual. Im looking around Perth and have been quoted $4,000. Does any know if it can be done for less than that, and if so where.

Alternatively, how much rwkw can one use on these cars without destroying the standard auto.

Any advice will ge greatly appreciated.

depends on how many kms it has travelled and how you drive it will reflect your autobox. ive changed mine at 105000kms and was a cheaper alternative then converting to manual. if you intend to keep the car for long then convert it other wise its worthless.

other than that i wouldnt push mine over 200rwkw if you havnt done anything to the box (shiftkit, bigger transcooler etc)

Well $1500 for the box initially and then obviously everything else that goes with it as well. Including:

Master cylinder, slave cylinder, pedal box, manual ecu, clutch flywheel, tailshaft, speedo, plus anything else and all the labour involved as well. I wouldnt be surprised if it was worth that much. Did the quote include a brand new clutch as well? I would think anywhere between $3-3.5k would be a reasonable amount to charge.

i paid 4 g's a couple of years ago, surprised it still cost that much. well worth it if your gunna mod as auto saps heaps of power. went from 215rwhp to 250 rwhp with conversion and cooler