SAU Community

Greddy Type S Problems

Richy

Hi,

I just bought a greddy type s bov off someone in the forums and ever since i put it on it's been a nightmare.

Im using the direct bolt on flange..

I know their notorious for f@#king up on rb25's but any help would be great. =)

the problems i have are:

1) stalls when slowing down, coming to the lights etc.

2) car feels slower now, doesn't pull as hard anymore

3) fuel is being chewed, half a tank feels like a quarter of a tank.

Cheers guys

Well, thats maybe because you introduced a massive f**king air leak into the intake system?

Use your SEARCH button, and you might find about 5,000,000 threads about this, and how we've totally hammered the f**k out of some people that just want to put a happy twirly duck whistle poofter call cop magnet vent to atmosphere BOV on their car.

If your lucky, there might be 1 person out of every 10 posters that will give you an explaination on why your AIR LEAK is causing the car to stall, etc, without being an ass like I did..

Well, thats maybe because you introduced a massive f**king air leak into the intake system?

Use your SEARCH button, and you might find about 5,000,000 threads about this, and how we've totally hammered the f**k out of some people that just want to put a happy twirly duck whistle poofter call cop magnet vent to atmosphere BOV on their car.

If your lucky, there might be 1 person out of every 10 posters that will give you an explaination on why your AIR LEAK is causing the car to stall, etc, without being an ass like I did..

maybe i should've added in the thread... "no faggots who are just gonna act like they know everything and talk big"

If someone asks for advice mate, you either give it to them or you don't don't waste my time to have to read it and i dont see why you would want to waste your time posting it if it isnt going to help anyone.

thanks for NOTHING mate.

lol, the BOV wankers are getting more witty by the minute.

Maybe you should install a second one, it should make your BOV sound louder, and more women will get wet, and try and dive through the window.

Thanks for thread number 5,000,001 on "omg guys, my fully sick BOV that attracts women and police, is making my car stall. omg, why? I know absolutely nothing about how a vent to atmosphere introduced an air leak causing MAF equipped cars to stall, so I'll just post another thread on here and ask the question for the 5,000,000th time."

Long bullshit story short:

If you want your car to behave, put the stock BOV back on. There is a reason why it returns the air back into the turbo, not to atmosphere.

If you have a larger turbo, and need the extra volume "blown off", install a recirculation aftermarket BOV, not a duck whistle atmo one.

Second hand GTR ones are also good. You need to plumb them back too, of course.

There's your explaination. You're actually lucky you got one before your thread got locked.

and no, i didn't get it for any of your above reasons mate, i got it so i would be prepared when my new turbo setup came so that i could run more boost as the stock one will start to leak once the boost gets high.