SAU Community

The Yen Vs The Aud

Baz

Well I think this graph speaks for itself :(

http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/AUD/graph120.html

Since July 21 the value of the AUD dollar to the Yen has almost halved in value. Depressing sign to see that many of the parts coming out of Japan will almost be double in price to what it was about 3 months ago. Damn depressing to see but lets hope it picks up again as fast as it dropped so we can get decently priced parts out of Japan once again.

Any parts worth buying in Oz...

Cant see the Oz dollar coming back for awhile..Expect to see the Yen and Green back strong for awhile...

I feel sorry for poor buggers from oz doing snow trips here..their cost of the accomo has nearly doubled ...

Hi fives to me for buying my GTR in June when the oz dollar was 97 yen. Also got some parts ordered and fitted before the slump.

New turbos are going to have to wait a while I think. Everything has gone up 30% ++++

I managed to get in a set of nismo injectors, bride seats and rails before the dollar droppped ;)

I just paid 1650 trade price for a nismo gt lsd pro tt model 1.5 way, it hurt but it was better than another quote i got for 1860 :S

I sill have a clutch and rims to go, i dont know how long i can wait for the dollar to improve, i know nismo will stop making the rims at some point :P

i thought you were over the poncams thing?

Nah lol. I finish uni exams in a few weeks and start working more hours during the holidays so gonna take the head off and do some work to the car, havn't really done much to it lately. Got the gasket kit, valve springs, arp head studs etc, just need to get some poncams. Wondering whether to bite the bullet and just fork out the ridiculous price for all the parts these days...

I bought my GTR when it was like 105 yen, so i was very lucky!

+2 near the hundred mark and before the luxury car taxes!!

4.6million yen was the cost of the car; now would be the high side of 80thousand before importing and taxes.