SAU Community

Gtr 35 Insurance How Much And Who Offers It?

Skyalwaysblue

The point of this thread is not to just ask why am I not getting this price, it is so people can find out where they can get insurance from. Not all companies will insure the GTR, and not all of the companies have it on their books yet.

This is more of a resource so people know who to request quotes from.

Shannons originally told me they would not insure the car for business use, however after a repsonse in this thread I pushed them a little more and they are getting a quote for me this morning.

The point of the excerise is to find out who will insure the GTR, not so much prices, because you are right, that will vary.

Cheers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am rating 1 protected with porsche precision driving courses under my belt now (I can hear the jokes coming already) and have quotes from Shannons of $3900/yr with $1900 excess as a daily driver garaged in a good suburb in Brisbane, similar with others. What conditions have you got that has ensured the price reduction do you think? low usage? multiple vehicles with same company? Negotiated with the vendor?

I am rating 1 protected with porsche precision driving courses under my belt now (I can hear the jokes coming already) and have quotes from Shannons of $3900/yr with $1900 excess as a daily driver garaged in a good suburb in Brisbane, similar with others. What conditions have you got that has ensured the price reduction do you think? low usage? multiple vehicles with same company? Negotiated with the vendor?

well the key differences affecting price will be:

age of youngest driver

recent claims and driving history

usage (low kms get a decent discount)

how many cars you currently have insured with them.

I currently pay a fair bit less than $3900 but I have:

good driving record.

no at fault claims

a number of other vehicles insured with shannons

garaged in a secure garage and in a low risk suburb

super low usage

youngest driver over 25

that all helps.

good driving record

no claims or infringements last 5 years

no at fault claims

no claims last 5 years

nil so lose out there but not by $1000's, I suspect this will get you 10% off

low risk suburb and enclosed in secure garage

super low usage

average about 8000k/year, might be the problem, not sure what super low is though this isn't super high either

youngest driver over 25

youngest driver 34.

I will call the manager there to discuss to see if they can do better, will see. I have never insured with them before either though

Also approaching nissan but not holding my breath.

Thanks for the help

good driving record

no claims or infringements last 5 years

no at fault claims

no claims last 5 years

nil so lose out there but not by $1000's, I suspect this will get you 10% off

low risk suburb and enclosed in secure garage

super low usage

average about 8000k/year, might be the problem, not sure what super low is though this isn't super high either

youngest driver over 25

youngest driver 34.

I will call the manager there to discuss to see if they can do better, will see. I have never insured with them before either though

Also approaching nissan but not holding my breath.

Thanks for the help

yep, my usage is well under 5,000kms a year, and i've been a customer for a number of years. you are probably right, multi car discount would not be huge, but probably the usage and the number of years, coupled with the number of cars would mean the difference. :)

I still think your quote is not too bad, but I imagine if you took it out it would improve by more than $1000 next year.

thanks Baron, agree must be the usage and previous history with them.

tried, suncorp after someones suggestion, came in at 2600 daily driver (3000 with rental car and windscreen replacement option) 1700 excess. looking the best right now

FWIW the Nissan dealership was organising insurance for their customers and my quote came out to be about $5.5k (i think through Allianz) whereas Shannons are at $2.1k - so worth shopping around guys.

Hi guys, why not trying with other major insurance company. I was quoted by AAMI for private used, no finance, rating 1 with multi policies discount as followed:

Excess Premium

$500 $2845

$1050 $2418

$1550 $2134

$2050 $1423 (this looks like a pretty good deal to me)

Hi guys, why not trying with other major insurance company. I was quoted by AAMI for private used, no finance, rating 1 with multi policies discount as followed:

Excess Premium

$500 $2845

$1050 $2418

$1550 $2134

$2050 $1423 (this looks like a pretty good deal to me)

Wow thats nice, I might get them to do me a quote too. Thanks for the info.

I got my R35 insured today with Suncorp. 37 year old, good driving record, $2200 (includes windscreen) with $850 excess, Northern Beaches. Took a day or so to get the quote as the underwriter had to assess.

funny how variable they can all be! had different quotes from same company 2 days running when i lost the quote number from day 1. happy to say the second quote was better

thanks npr35, I finally went with AAMI

rental car, 1 windscreen replacement per annum

Single vehicle insured (no multivehicle discount), financed

Agreed value including 12k of HRE 590R wheels with some crazy dish....... kept stockies for dreams of track days when i get a chance.

34 yo, rating 1 protected, wilston brisbane, private use, no km restriction

$2050 excess $1561 premium

$1550 excess $2169 premium -----> went with this one in the end

$1050 excess $2600 premium

$550 excess $3008 premium

Picking up car in 21 hrs and 40 minutes, not that I am counting or anything......

Edited by handbrake

• 3 months later...
EDIT TO LIST:

Shannons

www.Shannons.com.au

They will insure for business use, they have light and heavy business. They have to get their quotes done by their manager for this, however from what I am seeing they seem to be very cost effective and give a 10% discount if you have a CAMS license.

Hi Gibbo:

just wondering how u can insure with Shannons? last time i got rejected as they say they only insure club members?

BTW my insurance with Suncorp is $2600 with rating one protection and windscreen covers