SAU Community

I Crashd In2 My Mates Car!

Basically, me n my mate both drive skylines, both just recently bought them and we both love them

now lastnite, he came over and parked across my drive way, we decided to go 4 a cruise, so i backed my car out of my garage right into the back right quater of his car... he was parked on the wrong side of the road and across my driveway...

we are both p platers right, and young, my excess in $1800. and i dont exactlly roll in the cash

should i ask him to help me pay 4 my excess if he was illegally parked at the time?

and im not keen on loosing a friendship as he is my best mate...

my car wasnt really damaged afew scrates etc, im nt worried bout my car.. just his, as his got all the damage, rear bumper hanging off and a dent probly 500mm long 300 high..

what shuld i do???

Edited by gbangaR32

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically it was ur fault

his car was parked and stationary at the time... whether he was park illegally at the time is besides the point.

u probably can get it fix for less then 1800... just go get some quotes.

as said above dont tell your insurance just yet and go 2 a few different repairers and get sum quotes on cash jobs fixing it. do u have photos of the damage for people 2 give beter jugement

find out how much it will cost you, i knocked into an old ladies car and paid for mine and hers to get fixed and it was cheaper than bringing the insurance into it. it just depends how bad the damage is i suppose.

as said above dont tell your insurance just yet and go 2 a few different repairers and get sum quotes on cash jobs fixing it. do u have photos of the damage for people 2 give beter jugement

^^^+1 Absolutely correct!

...anyone reversing is majorly at fault too.

go get some driving lessons faget

Get some English lessons! and keep your comments to yourself.

You have nothing constructive to say!!

Michael, as already stated get some quotes before involving insurance..

if you can work out an agreement between you it may be better off in the long run.

making an insurance claim can increase your premiums for years.

Help get your mates fixed then he can help with yours and all good!!

I guess you both get to learn a lesson here..

A couple months ago my brother did very similar and hit my front guard,

he just gave me what his excess was and I fixed it myself and got better guards. :P

cost him $900 and me $300..

when you reverse tyrone things come from behind...

sorry couldn't help it. anyway I think you will be best off not claiming anthing under about $5,000. so if the damage bill to both cars is > or = $5,000 then make the claim. otherwise just pay to fix it.

Bahahhaha @ BB!

Was it a funny angle?

I vote both of you boys pick up your dignity and work through it.

Get quotes, see what parts you can source yourself, see what work you can do yourselfs and.. and shitty as it my be for your mate, go 50/50 in everything. Im sure he will inderstand.

How bad is the damage? Complete pannel change or just a dent?

If you ask for money from your BEST MATE for this you are not really a mate you are dog/snake. (you f**ked up just pay for it)

I bet you didn't really worry about him "illegally parking" in front of your driveway before you hit his car.

If i were you i would go around getting quotes to get your mates car fixed ASAP.

Best Mate pfft seems like you throw that term around very loosely.

Edited by nismo 400 R N1

yeh honestly, i dont think you can ask your mate to help pay. why didnt you see his car? you cant just assume that no-one will park there and you can just reverse out, you still have to look where your going...

He could have been parked on his roof, running a brothel in his boot while dealing drugs.

You hit him unfortunately, so it would be the right thing to fix his car up and not question it.

plain and simple buddy but you gotta cough up the cash - if you can source any parts second hand im sure your mate will be there to give you a hand fixing it but your going to have to get it preped and sprayed by a pro.