SAU Community

There Must Be An Avenue

Does anyone know a direct avenue to sourcing flares for my C210 coupe. You look at these old school dattos' in Japan and every second car has got them. Surely some import company can source these and post them to Aus, or is it just to smaller item for them to care about. Does anyone know a ph. number of someone who makes them here in Aus? Yours desperately Ricky. I'll even pay a finders fee if someone (private, not a business) can put me onto something solid, but they must be for the C210 coupe

Hey mate,

Check out this place. They definitely have them, however not too cheap.

A few years back when i was looking into it, I was getting help from a guy called Jesse (streeter on these forums) who lives in Japan and organised parts back to Aus.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/CONTENTS.htm

This page for an example. No C210 flares pictured, but pretty sure they had them back then.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/catalogue-P50.pdf

About 4 weeks ago I sent an email to the Kameari web site. I've just had an email from Shigeo Mori telling me he can supply the items I'm after BUT! it says:

Overfender for GC 210 %%%%%

Overseas speed mail %%%%%

Total %%%%% These percent icons on my email are actually those little squares you get on Jap web pages. I'm guessing the amounts must be in Japanese and not translating in the email. Help!!!

About 4 weeks ago I sent an email to the Kameari web site. I've just had an email from Shigeo Mori telling me he can supply the items I'm after BUT! it says:

Overfender for GC 210 %%%%%

Overseas speed mail %%%%%

Total %%%%% These percent icons on my email are actually those little squares you get on Jap web pages. I'm guessing the amounts must be in Japanese and not translating in the email. Help!!!

I take it you are using Windows XP / Vista, is the Japanese Language installed ?

Control Panel / Regional & Language Options / Languages TAB / Details / Add / Pick out of list

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but I don't think it will make it any worse.

Nigel

This was a few years back, but found the quote i got from the Jesse for the C210 flares.

Just a quick breakdown, but obviously things would have changed.

part 31500

bank fee to pay seller 500

ship to me ~1000

commission 3000

ship to you via EMS ~8200(guessing 5kg packed)

total : 44,200yen or ~$490 AUD

Firstly, thanks for your help so far guys. I'm slowly closing the gap to these parts. I got another email from Shigeo Mori at kamaeari today asking if I needed the pricing in AUS dollars,even if it does cost $490 I'm going to get them as they really change the look of the cars stance.

Noddle, I'll try what you've mentioned as like you say, can't do any harm. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I've ordered my flared gaurds. Cost, $520 dollars delivered. Hopefully they turn up next week. Will post a pic once attached. Brouhgt them off Kamaeri, must say a big thanks to Nismo for the link to Kamaeri.

• 3 weeks later...

My flared guards arrived today from Japan and and I must say I'm very happy with them. Not sure how I'm going to fix them to the car yet and I may paint them black, currently white. I just like that black against white look. Any suggestions?

hot hot hot.

out of curiosity how much did it cost you all up to get them?

Finally I've ordered my flared gaurds. Cost, $520 dollars delivered. Hopefully they turn up next week. Will post a pic once attached. Brouhgt them off Kamaeri, must say a big thanks to Nismo for the link to Kamaeri.

Racsov, they were $510 delivered. Once sent they only took 4 days to arrive. These are made to order. When I asked Shigeo at Kamaeri about the air dam he told me he was having some made up so they'd be a shelf item, cost, about $600 delivered.

Racsov, they were $510 delivered. Once sent they only took 4 days to arrive. These are made to order. When I asked Shigeo at Kamaeri about the air dam he told me he was having some made up so they'd be a shelf item, cost, about $600 delivered.

Have you thought about getting a mold made of the flares? could be a good little earner :)

Metallic green + charcoal flares + fat charcoal watanabes = :whoops:

just an idea

By the way, car looks awesome mate