SAU Community

Help Me Please! [ Oo\_skyline_/oo ]

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site.. just made this account not long ago. My reason for making this account was to get some help with a concern. Heres the problem....

I recently purchased an automatic gtt r34. Not knowing much about r34's because I'm only 16 and still on my L's. I got this r34 for 16.6k and i'm thinking of a conversion

to make it manual sometime soon. xD

After purchasing the r34 i realised that my r34 looks different to the ones on carsales. Those gtt r34's on carsales all have a fitted factory boost gauges where as mine doesn't.

For those who aren't following what im saying.. my gtt r34 don't have those three factory boost gauges on top of the aircon in the middle. I also had a look at gt r34 non turbo, and those

don't have any factory gauges. Im freaking out right now because i can't seem to find my turbo. I'm scared that i got scammed!

so is my car n/a? but on the Blue plate under the hood it says that the engine is rb25det.. so i guess it is a turbo? unless this is a fake blue plate? is tht possible?

also on the engine itself says turbo in red. The thing i dont understand is how come mine didn't come with those 3 factory boost gauges? is it possible tht some gtt r34 dont come with

factory boost gauges?

sorry about this long concern i'm just abit scared right now.. cant stop thinking about it. i love skyline! and would hate to kno tht my r34 is non turbo!.

ill postt some photos on soon.. PLEASE HELP! ME.

thankyou! (hopefullly all tht load made sense)

the gauges on the dash were an option. not all gtts had them. your car should have a gauge on the dash cluster near the tacho. also only r33s and r32s came 4stud in the nonturbo. afaik all r34s are 5 stud

the gauges on the dash were an option. not all gtts had them. your car should have a gauge on the dash cluster near the tacho. also only r33s and r32s came 4stud in the nonturbo. afaik all r34s are 5 stud

I didn't know the gauge cluster was an option. That was the only thing that i could tell if it was a turbo or a no turbo R34.

Come to think of it how can you tell if an R33 is a turbo or not.

I didn't know the gauge cluster was an option. That was the only thing that i could tell if it was a turbo or a no turbo R34.

Come to think of it how can you tell if an R33 is a turbo or not.

R33 is easy as it comes with 4stud wheels and cmon if you own a skyline generally you know how a turbo works and can trace your airbox into a pipe down where the exhaust manifold is; pipes comming down to the front of the car ans back up again into the intake.

r33 NA's just have a big black plastic pipe leading into the plenum.

post-4266-1225358366_thumb.jpg

sooo do u no if u hav a turbo or not?

can u hear any whosing sounds when u accelerate?? llol

post up sum pics of ur engine bay and dash cluster....we will be able to tell u straight away

:laugh:

R33 is easy as it comes with 4stud wheels and cmon if you own a skyline generally you know how a turbo works and can trace your airbox into a pipe down where the exhaust manifold is; pipes comming down to the front of the car ans back up again into the intake.

r33 NA's just have a big black plastic pipe leading into the plenum.

post-4266-1225358366_thumb.jpg

sorry i meant by looking from an exterior/interior point of view. Not by looking inside the enigine bay. that was my bad for not explaining.

ITS A TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

according to a guy at "Car Toys" he sed mine is a turbo.. it doesn't have the fitted factory boost gauges because mine is the pop up monitor ? something like tht.. apparently there's a pop

up monitor above the aircon.

he sed its rare to find a r34 with pop-up monitor. Well sadly he sed mine is broken or for some reason it doesn't work anymore. What a big relief!

but anyways ill post some photos on ASAP! got the photos ready just need to upload.

thanks for all your replies and helps! i appreciate it.

sooo do u no if u hav a turbo or not?

can u hear any whosing sounds when u accelerate?? llol

post up sum pics of ur engine bay and dash cluster....we will be able to tell u straight away

:)

yeah i can hear the wiring up and then the releasing of the air through the pod filter.. is tht what ur talking about? ill post some pics tomorrow =D thanks.