SAU Community

R34 Stock Display

SKY-LINER34

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, i think theres a guy on here that knows the R34 Screens inside and out.. Chris Rogers or something.

Look for one of the mods, EUG he knows the contact details for Chris :ninja:

He'll be able to help you either fix it, or bring it to an additional use :P

MRXTCZ

only if they let me :P

------------

to teh OP:

does it work - IE TV function comes up. navi function comes up (both are useless here but that how I'm determining if yours works or not.)

or do you have a blue screen of death on it?

if it works - yes we can do something with it.

i love that popup screen! dont get many cars factory fitted with something like that specially japs...

ive hooked up a dvd player on mine and it works perfectly

and its so simple to do it only took an audio/electrical noob like me 20mins to get it working :)

thanks eveyone, i'm located in sydney at the moment it's running an after market unit, i know it's unlikely to get the GPS work in Aust, however all i was hoping is the get the screen working with the nissan unit or an after market one.

Hey Chris would you be able to give me a qoute, as i only pruchased the car like a day ago, i'm a little short in cash. I would like to make sure i have enought to paid ya.

Cheers

:ermm:

thanks eveyone, i'm located in sydney at the moment it's running an after market unit, i know it's unlikely to get the GPS work in Aust, however all i was hoping is the get the screen working with the nissan unit or an after market one.

Hey Chris would you be able to give me a qoute, as i only pruchased the car like a day ago, i'm a little short in cash. I would like to make sure i have enought to paid ya.

Cheers

:(

ok . screen with a DVD unit attached to it (assuming you do not have one) $500 or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, i have managed to pop the screen the pic are display below, dose it mean my LCD is work? and another thing why dose it pop up by itself i'm unable to control it with the with the "OPEN/CLOSED" button, sometime when i start the car it pop up, but most of the time it dosen't.

post-51542-1239395922_thumb.jpg

Hi all, i have managed to pop the screen the pic are display below, dose it mean my LCD is work? and another thing why dose it pop up by itself i'm unable to control it with the with the "OPEN/CLOSED" button, sometime when i start the car it pop up, but most of the time it dosen't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the Xanavi and know quite a lot about them .............. don't do anything rash like ripping it out..........lol...........the screen does not always come up when you turn ignition on or when you insert and play a CD - thats the first 2 myths to dispel - you can pm me if you want...............

some pics of mine working attached

post-57849-1239398644_thumb.jpg

post-57849-1239399090_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the Xanavi and know quite a lot about them .............. don't do anything rash like ripping it out..........lol...........the screen does not always come up when you turn ignition on or when you insert and play a CD - thats the first 2 myths to dispel - you can pm me if you want...............

some pics of mine working attached

Hey mate,

Thats great, how did you get it to work?

The one on my r34 is completely dead, and I cant read Japanese but have pressed all the buttons anyway hoping for some life...but nothing.

Did you get the sat nav and tv going or are you only using it for playing cd/dvd's.

Cheers

David.

I dunt thinks there's any hope in getting the Sat Nav going, But what i'm hoping for is to use the pop-up LCD for a 2nd screen. What i did to my is just plug the power into the unit, and now sometime it pop sometime it dont. No idea :P