SAU Community

R34 Stock Display

SKY-LINER34

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, is this the same Xanavi screen that's in the S2 stageas? My wife's got one (works great, aside from the japanese writing) in her stag and i'm trying to find out if i can replace the MD player that's in the din below it, with a dvd headunit and output to the Xanavi screen? We want to keep the screen for the climate control setup, so figured we might as well kill two birds with one stone.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has been covered already but just was after some definite answers...

I have the Xanavi unit in my R34.

mine pops up automatically when car is started, I have blue screen with Japanese writing.

I also have the original operating disc.

is there any way to have the TV working how it stands currently?

if so does anyone know how to do this?

to get it working would I have to add a separate DVD player to link to it? (didn't really wanna do that as there is the room issue)

if there is an easy fix would someone be able to help me out with instructions or would I have to take it somewhere to be looked at?

what sort of costs would be involved?

also i'm in Brisbane

I opened my xanavi unit a few months ago and found out the issue, pooor surface mount components. I would warrant a guess at this being the cause of a lot of other peoples issues where the units are random as. Basically replaced most of the caps and tried to resolder what ever else. Tried it out after that and it pops up reliably now although theres still other issues. Most likely related to the board, you could literally grab and pull off what ever you wanted. :blink:

I opened my xanavi unit a few months ago and found out the issue, pooor surface mount components. I would warrant a guess at this being the cause of a lot of other peoples issues where the units are random as. Basically replaced most of the caps and tried to resolder what ever else. Tried it out after that and it pops up reliably now although theres still other issues. Most likely related to the board, you could literally grab and pull off what ever you wanted. :laugh:

The ability to solder Surface Mount Devices(SMD) is way beyond most of the people in these forums, and static or overheating soldering might fry something else

I have a ISO certificate for electronic repairs and its not as easy to do it right as it might seem ? if you want them to work when done...lol

plus you can waste a lot of time and money on parts you dont need to replace on a board... do you expect forum users to have access to oscilloscopes etc ?

once again, dont attempt something unless your certain of your skill levels , a lot of car interfaces control more then just the radio these days...!!!!

dont cry to me when you fry your cars computer with a 1 dollar simple power tester... the guy at cheap as chips sold you...and said it would work...lol

• 1 month later...

haha sapphire by no means did i recommend other people attemp to solder components inside the xanavi unit. :cool: I work in IT/Electronics and have no issues with soldering SMD, and having access to sillyscopes.

TBH after the caps were soldered back on i tested it and like i said the screen was ok although i had another look and even more stuff was LITERALLY comming off the board and i really saw no reason to sit there soldering the IC's back on it was just a waste of time. The 34 has a whole new system in it now any way (although i have retained the standard xanavi headunit and screen up the top to keep it looking standard) :(

• 3 months later...

for those interested. have found a DROP IN replacement screen. unplug yours and wire this into place. gives reverse camera and two video inputs.

30330_436918354941_187393709941_5679217_2390303_n.jpg

fits neatly into the stock hole and pops the screen up when you hit reverse :)

(stock unit is on the left.)

• 3 months later...
Mines f**ked aswell, it comes up with that aqua/blue screen with the two boxes one yellow the other white with Japanese in it. I half translated one box, the first word is Program (thanks highschool Japanese). I'd love to get it fixed as it always opened when the ignition is turned on and none of the buttons work while its like this, however sometimes it beeps and then goes back to the normal NISSAN screen with the grey background and works for a little bit, then just goes back to that blue screen.

If I can't find anyone to fix it or point me in the right direction and i'll try fix it myself I'm gonna rip the bugger out and put the GTT tachos in there.

Once the screen is at this stage can it be fixed at all?

well today driving along, not touching anything or fiddling with anything, the screen decides to pop up first time ever since i got it a year ago, and i get the blue and yellow screen for a while it beeps, goes blank for 2 seconds and shows the blue and yellow screen exactly like the quoted posts picture, does that mean my screen is stuffed completely or is there a hope i can at least get cd to work on it? the cd unit that came with the unit, can open and close the screen but no other buttons work.

• 1 month later...

alright so i am a bit late to this but i have the same problem sort of.

i have the same stock pop up display, but it all works well(even have an 08-09 xanavi sat nav disc for japan)

since im in sydney it seems that it would difficult to find someone who could actually do the work, but im wondering if a dvd reciever such as this jvc one would fix the problem of no cd/radio/dvd. i can live without sat nav

http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_...&prodID=480 model - KD-DV4506

thanks

Edited by da_supax