SAU Community

Custom Paint On R35

Blackmagic88

Could one of you photoshop savvy guys post up a photoshop pix of the R35 GTR in Bayside Blue (and if possible a lighter shade of metallic blue, somewhat like a skyblue). Am thinking of doing a custom paintjob on my car and would like to have an idea of how it would look. Much appreciated.

I did some chops on Bayside Blue and I really don't think it will look all that flash.

Midnight Purple however I think will be tops. Looking forwards to seeing the one being done for SEMA and Mobil shortly.

mobil1_billboard_gtrr.jpg

I realise that other than a handful of private imports there are very few GTRs in Australia at the moment and most of you who have booked your cars probably wont get your hands on them for some time yet. Meanwhile your only source of information on the GTR is online and there is alot of hype and crap surrounding the GTR posted online. Most of the rubbish i suspect is from people who dont currently own an R35, have little or no real experience or knowledge on the car and simply spew out or regurgitate garbage that they have read or heard.

In Asia (Malaysia, Thailand but mainly in Hongkong and Singapore) we have had the car for about 10 months already as the first cars arrived in Dec 2007 (very soon after the launch in Japan). A huge number were imported within the first 6 months of 2008. I understand there are over 200 R35's in Hongkong and probably approaching that in Singapore. All of these have been brought in through non-Nissan dealers as the R35 has not been officially launched in Asia. As such none of them have factory warranty or any warranty for that matter, not that that is any concern as the bulk of enthusiasts in the region are incurable "tuners" who can never leave well enough alone.

If it helps you guys on this forum who may be thinking of purchasing an R35, i'm sure some of us owners in Asia will be happy to give you the benefit of our ownership experience. Its may also be interesting to see some of the mods that have been done on R35s here. For instance quite a few cars have already had custom paintjobs, carbon fibre bodywork, brake kits, aftermarket exhausts and of course engine tuning.

Attached is a recent custom paintjob on an R35.

post-45990-1225892641_thumb.jpg

post-45990-1225892769_thumb.jpg

lol well this thread has taken a turn for the interesting!! Nice way to silence the doubters lol

Not a big fan of that colour, or the wheels, to be honest. Check the Lambo Orange job on the Zele International demo car for an awesome colour. Actually, the Lamborghini Green would look pretty decent too, in my opinion. Midnight Purple III would be my choice for a Nissan Colour.

The green I was thinking of...

green_murcielago.jpg

Edited by Iron Chef

lol well this thread has taken a turn for the interesting!! Nice way to silence the doubters lol

Not a big fan of that colour, or the wheels, to be honest. Check the Lambo Orange job on the Zele International demo car for an awesome colour. Actually, the Lamborghini Green would look pretty decent too, in my opinion. Midnight Purple III would be my choice for a Nissan Colour.

The green I was thinking of...

green_murcielago.jpg

Hi Iron Chef,

I've seen a replica of the Zele Orange in real life here. Bit too bright for me. There is also a Green done but its not painted but stickered in vinyl. Definitely an acquired taste and not to my liking either. There is also one in matt black which is also vinyl. Pics of all these have been posted on the Net many times. Custom paintjobs involve considerable downtime and are very costly (if you want to do a first rate job) so i'd rather not experiment in real life. Photoshop seems to be the answer.

Anyway let me start a new and more appropriately titled thread and post some interesting pix and video clips if i can. There's alot of interesting work going on with GTR's here.

In Asia (Malaysia, Thailand but mainly in Hongkong and Singapore) we have had the car for about 10 months already as the first cars arrived in Dec 2007 (very soon after the launch in Japan).

I did actually see more R35's on the road in Singapore than in Tokyo on a recent trip.

• 2 weeks later...