SAU Community

Underbody Neons

i wanna put an underbody neon in my boot over the Subs...

Underbody neons simply mean neons designed to go under the car. You would not put underbody neons in your boot :thumbsup:. You'd just have normal interior neons for that. Underbody neons are stronger etc so they don't break when rocks flick up.

Anyway, i'm not gonna drive with them on all the time, just occaisionally. Like my friend put a shitload of neons in his piece of shit magna (its that gold colour that old people drive) and so it looks like a bloody christmas tree. I'm thinking "thats so f**king lame", anyway so if hes trying to impress people with his christmas tree i'd be like "dude, thats overkill, this is how its done" and just flick on my neons.

Chicks that know absolutely nothing about cars will think "omg that car has fancy lights, must be an awesome car", all the chicks i know think neons are cool. So yeah, if i see a chick walking at night i'll flick them on and be like "heyy, need a lift??"

I'll go down to autobarn some time and check them out if they have any neons.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahha subaru 33 :thumbsup:

Just a recap to what someone said on the last page about the laws, each state has a different law. In NSW, no different coloured lights are allowed outside the vehicles, this means only the standard colours, and it counts for front, back and sides.

LOL OMG good call kietz...

any POS can have neons.. no girls will think their cool unless she's saying it to get your pecker in her mouth..

POS cars are all done up in neons... big subs... chromies... cause the P platers spend their monies on mods instead of a decent car.. that is why so many POS cars get nicked..

if you like neons.. then put them on.. but from someone who had a xmas tree.. i could choose what neons went on.. and where.. and party after party.. street after street.. IT DOESNT PICK UP.. i tried LOL

and as far as the rules go... they arent defined.. so the cop can interpret the law how he chooses.. the whole colour (red,blue white) thing is jus so they can't snap you for (pretending to be police)... if you got a fine for green, pink, yellow, etc.. then you'd have to go to court and then the magistrate will decide... wonder if they will let you go???

mine where blue lights LOL (i was asking...) and more to the point i had a scrolling LED on the front bar.. and a red and blue strobes that plug on the dash.. then i had an electronic horn (you know the ones.. with the sirens) and had some fun.. (guess i was beging LOL)

LOL OMG good call kietz...

any POS can have neons.. no girls will think their cool unless she's saying it to get your pecker in her mouth..

POS cars are all done up in neons... big subs... chromies... cause the P platers spend their monies on mods instead of a decent car.. that is why so many POS cars get nicked..

if you like neons.. then put them on.. but from someone who had a xmas tree.. i could choose what neons went on.. and where.. and party after party.. street after street.. IT DOESNT PICK UP.. i tried LOL

and as far as the rules go... they arent defined.. so the cop can interpret the law how he chooses.. the whole colour (red,blue white) thing is jus so they can't snap you for (pretending to be police)... if you got a fine for green, pink, yellow, etc.. then you'd have to go to court and then the magistrate will decide... wonder if they will let you go???

mine where blue lights LOL (i was asking...) and more to the point i had a scrolling LED on the front bar.. and a red and blue strobes that plug on the dash.. then i had an electronic horn (you know the ones.. with the sirens) and had some fun.. (guess i was beging LOL)

Aah well, even if i get bored of them in a like two months it'll still be worth it. Opportunities will arise when i'll be wishing i had neons installed. I know these sort of things don't impress all you guys, but those commodore drivers think neons are pretty extreme and i'd get looks of envy from them. Also i'm younger than a lot of you guys and as far as i know, chicks my age think their cool lol.

I know a bit about courts, i'd take it to a district court to get the minimum sentence if at all. A cop told me that magistrates give you more punishment because they see people come in every day for the same thing and just want to get the message through that its illegal. But the district court never sees anyone come through for those kind of traffic related offences so they are more lenient. Sometimes the district court will just throw out the case completely because they are too busy for that case. If your court case gets thrown out then you don't get in trouble :P.

if you know about courts then no it won't be just minimum.. and it all depends on the magistrate.. their attiduede that day.. what you've been done for.. etc...

No you'd not be able to take to district court as it's not that big of a deal.. you;d go to magistrates court as that is where you have to go to fight it.. they won't just throw out a case.. they just ajorn it to another day.. they drop the case when there isnt enough evidence or they believe there isnt sufficient evidence that they believe they wont win/be able to prove

LOL commodore drivers are just like everyone else.. It seems like you think you'll be top shit in everyones books.. and that is why you are doing it.. Either way mate.. they arent an expensice mod.. just do it.. have your fun.. and you wont regret it.. hopefully..i had mine on my VT for 3-4 yrs and used to use them on highways/streets/parties and shit.. i never got caught.. so as long as your mindful of where you turn em on..

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.

if you know about courts then no it won't be just minimum.. and it all depends on the magistrate.. their attiduede that day.. what you've been done for.. etc...

No you'd not be able to take to district court as it's not that big of a deal.. you;d go to magistrates court as that is where you have to go to fight it.. they won't just throw out a case.. they just ajorn it to another day.. they drop the case when there isnt enough evidence or they believe there isnt sufficient evidence that they believe they wont win/be able to prove

LOL commodore drivers are just like everyone else.. It seems like you think you'll be top shit in everyones books.. and that is why you are doing it.. Either way mate.. they arent an expensice mod.. just do it.. have your fun.. and you wont regret it.. hopefully..i had mine on my VT for 3-4 yrs and used to use them on highways/streets/parties and shit.. i never got caught.. so as long as your mindful of where you turn em on..

Well i've wanted neons ever since i knew that you could actually get neons. So while i care what other people think of them, i am more doing it because its something i always wanted. Some people are saying that neons were cool 5 years ago but not anymore, well i didn't have a car 5 years ago, if i did i would've had neons then.

Anyway thanks to those who recommended places that i can get them, i'll definately check out autobarn and if they don't sell them i'll order them off streetglow.

Not that it's any of my business but I'm sure Tyson's original post was purely asking where he could get a decent set of neons for his pride and joy, not asking for people's comments expressing their opinions about it. Fair game if the original post read along the usual lines of "What do youz doodz fink of teh neonz, will it boost my rep multiplier by 11TY"

Not wanting to be the fun police on purpose here, I just know we have it in us not to stoop to boostcruising.com levels *shudders*

Hope it all works out for you tyson, any colour you had in mind?

Edited by Yo-Yo

Not that it's any of my business but I'm sure Tyson's original post was purely asking where he could get a decent set of neons for his pride and joy, not asking for people's comments expressing their opinions about it. Fair game if the original post read along the usual lines of "What do youz doodz fink of teh neonz, will it boost my rep multiplier by 11TY"

Not wanting to be the fun police on purpose here, I just know we have it in us not to stoop to boostcruising.com levels *shudders*

well said :P

and Tyson, post piccys when done :(

LOL don't look at me Yo-Yo.. i'm not saying don't get em or anything.. i'm just telling him like it is.. Girls don't wet up over them.. Commodore drivers are just like every other driver.. they hate or love something.. it's all personal opinion.. the court isnt gonna just throw out the case (especially if they defect it.. i'm simply stating the facts so he can decide whether it's worth it..

I'm wanting blue ones, even though blue are like the big illegal colours since all emergancy vehicles have them but it'll suit my blue theme i got going lol. The light that comes on when you open the door in my car is blue, i have blue interior neons (just 2, a passenger side and driver side one where you feet go type of thing), i have blue parking lights and i want to replace my fog lights with blue ones. So yeah blue neons would match everything nicely in my opinion.

well said :P

and Tyson, post piccys when done :(

I'll post some pictures when i get them all installed but it might not be for a while since my car is currently getting resprayed. Also i'll have to find someone to install them since i don't know anything about cars really. I can't get under my car anyway because its too low, and to install the switch someone told me you have to cut out a bit of you dash or where ever you want the switch which i don't have any tools to do that.

LOL don't look at me Yo-Yo.. i'm not saying don't get em or anything.. i'm just telling him like it is.. Girls don't wet up over them.. Commodore drivers are just like every other driver.. they hate or love something.. it's all personal opinion.. the court isnt gonna just throw out the case (especially if they defect it.. i'm simply stating the facts so he can decide whether it's worth it..

Hey mate,

My post wasn't directed at any one person, sorry if I came across the wrong way.

I normally wouldn't have bothered posting but just nicked me when someone asking a genuine question, gets people's opinions or negative comments on the matter, not constructive at all.

Tyson, all good mate. good luck with your project

Edited by Yo-Yo

I'll post some pictures when i get them all installed but it might not be for a while since my car is currently getting resprayed. Also i'll have to find someone to install them since i don't know anything about cars really. I can't get under my car anyway because its too low, and to install the switch someone told me you have to cut out a bit of you dash or where ever you want the switch which i don't have any tools to do that.

sweet, well as Craig (Gimp...) said it's not that difficult of a job to have a go at yourself, but it's up to you, wiring in a switch is pretty easy, and all you would probably need to mount the swit6ch is a drill to drill a hole for it to poke out of, its also a good chance to buy some tools for yourself, just the basics :D

so you can add them to your lancer? LOLLLL

f**k NO!

I hate my lancer

I am am in hte process of purchasing a 34 gt-t but in the meantime thought I could invest in some tools to build my workshop

PS: it had to be edited in that I hate my nalncer LOL (is my first car is all I wasn't given a whole lot of choice and a skyline was banned :blink: )

Edited by jukic.j

sweet, well as Craig (Gimp...) said it's not that difficult of a job to have a go at yourself, but it's up to you, wiring in a switch is pretty easy, and all you would probably need to mount the swit6ch is a drill to drill a hole for it to poke out of, its also a good chance to buy some tools for yourself, just the basics ;)

Yeah, my parents want me to get someone else "who knows what they are doing" to do it since they think i'll screw up everything.

Also i have this little thing on my dash on the right side of my steering wheel i think it is. Its just like this little tiny rectangle, like 1.5 cm x 1cm or so which has this dumb hook looking thing. Its hard to explain its just stupid, i think one of my friends was like "its a 5 cent coin holder" and i was like "dude.. your a dickhead". So i want that taken out and to be replaced with a switch.

I was thinking of this kind've set up (which i have no idea if its possible):

Blue neons that flash with music beats

Can also be turned on as just a solid light

Can turn on when no keys are in the car at all

Has a three way switch type of thing, like have the switch be able to have down, middle and up. So down would be off, i flick the switch up once (making it in the middle) for it to flash with music, and then up once more to be on a solid light.

Does anyone know if thats possible? Or if it'd be hard to do or is it pretty basic?