SAU Community

R-33 Gts-t Series 1 Engine Bay

i dont know if this is normal or not but when i start my car up the revs go over 1000rpm and in a split second they go down that low its like the engine is struggling to get the revs back up so i give it a bit of a rev and it goes back up but there is this weird tic tic tic noise under the bonnet?

its due for a major service but it has done this for a little while now,any ideas???

the only thing i can think of is i got it serviced by a mechanic a while back... just the oil and oil filter and he could have put some cheap ass oil in it.

i dont know if this is normal or not but when i start my car up the revs go over 1000rpm and in a split second they go down that low its like the engine is struggling to get the revs back up so i give it a bit of a rev and it goes back up but there is this weird tic tic tic noise under the bonnet?

its due for a major service but it has done this for a little while now,any ideas???

the only thing i can think of is i got it serviced by a mechanic a while back... just the oil and oil filter and he could have put some cheap ass oil in it.

if i thought that my oil was too thin/cheap i'd go str8 out and buy some nice oil... saaaaay motul turbolight 4100 10w40 and an oil filter... saaaaay a ryco z145a and do an oil change that day...

jus sayin.......

I have the same problem. On my fc hand controller it says that my vct sensor is turning on and off. Its located on the right of injector number 1, and looks like a goldy coloured hexagonal tube thing with a plug in it. That is the clicking that i can hear in mine. It also makes my idle hunt terribly on start up, but then goes away after it gets warm?? :D Let me know how u go, or if i find a solution ill let u know!!

Edited by RB JET